Berlin Battlefield Tour

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by BigRed, Jul 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once again I find myself looking to the wealth of experience here for some advice.

Looking at generating a Battlefield tour around Berlin in the New Year. Research is going well however a bit stumped on where to stay.

Ideally looking at somewhere South East of city to avoid spending the day in traffic, any advice from those that have gone before much appreciated.

Big Red
  2. Lucky you ... wish i pulled my finger out and did the same when based there.. give this book a look Berlin dance of death will give good coverage of the battle around spandau and the Olympic stadium (+ maps) Tony Le Tissier has a few more books on the battle for Berlin

As for your orignal ? sorry to pissed at the time but you might want to stay a night a Mon Cheri's :)
  3. Stayed at the Hotel an der Oper on Bismarckstr last time I was there. Next to the UBahn and very nice too. Relatively quick to get to anywhere.
  4. HQ 1 (UK) Armd Div did the tour in 2000-2001 with David Holmes - they might be able to provide you with a copy of the pack G3 Trg produced.

Battle for Berlin by Anthony Beevor is a must to read before you go oh and the world at war CD free in the Daily Mail !

A visit the Parliament Building is well woth including- they have preserved some of the grafitti and also the views are stunning

Enjoy Berlin
  5. Is Mon Cheri's still going!!? Used to know a few of the Badermeisters (spelling - it's been a while...) there.

Of course, all the negatives have long been destroyed...