berlin air defence troop

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by masher69, May 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was just intrested in which battery/regiment provided troops for this unit , i have also posted it on the gunners section ,cheerrs all
  2. Masher,

I was in Berlin from 1989 - 1992. Although not being a gunner I seem to recall that the Berlin AD Tp was manned by personnel from 47 Regt RA.

3. The Berlin AD Troop was 6 troop of 43 bty originally. However, 6 troop became the third AD troop of 46 AD bty,along with 18 and 62 trps respectively at 2nd Fld Regt RA in Munster.
    Incidentally, The troop was made up of bods from all the independent AD bty's.. 10 Assaye bty, 21 Gibraltar bty, 43 Lloyds coy and my own 46 Talavera AD bty at various times.

Hope this helps... :)
  4. nice one cheers for that
  5. what was the average length of a tour for attached personnel from other batterys with the troop
  6. Not sure, I think it may have been about 3 years at most. Maybe someone can confirm the specifics for you??...Why are you interested?
  7. no real reason really, just reading a book and came across the troop and just wondered what the set was as there is very little on google ect, just to satisfy my own curiosty
  8. Fair enough.