Berkhamstead School CCF

walting_matilda said:
I was sort of asking about the CCF.
Two threads on different 'schools'? What's this, you trying to find which is more nails to be in with the most ally uniform or which one takes little girls as well as little boy?

Stop being a c.o.c.k - there are teaching jobs in both school advertise and both have CCFs. A mate of mine is looking at both schools. Just asking around.

Is it not the same that guys on here ask about different regiments and accom etc?

walting_matilda said:
Stop being a c.o.c.k - there are teaching jobs in both school advertise and both have CCFs. A mate of mine is looking at both schools. Just asking around.
And is your 'mate' going to choose the job that is his livelyhood based on which school has the best CCF?

I think not...

fatsplasher said:
Quote;
there are teaching jobs in both school advertise and both have CCFs

You lie :(
No I'm not. Although this is not the primary reason why a person would choose one school over another but extra curricular activities can be the icing on the cake.

Come on guys lets all grow up.

walting_matilda said:
fatsplasher said:
Quote;

No I'm not. Although this is not the primary reason why a person would choose one school over another but extra curricular activities can be the icing on the cake.

No CCF at Berkhampstead School Cheltenham maybe your confusing it with the War Games Club.

fatsplasher said:
walting_matilda said:
fatsplasher said:
Quote;

No CCF at Berkhampstead School Cheltenham maybe your confusing it with the War Games Club.
But there is one at the collegiate school in Herts.

walting_matilda said:
fatsplasher said:
walting_matilda said:
fatsplasher said:
Quote;

But there is one at the collegiate school in Herts.
Best send your mate there then to teach whatever :?

rasselas

Swinger
Book Reviewer
I was never in CCF (used to make good money running the book on who would faint first on General Inspection day) but from what I can remember (of a few years back mind you) it was probably quite a good one. The RAF was popular as they got quite a lot of flying up the road at Halton, the Navy had a couple of boats down on the coast somewhere and the Army used to do fairly sensible battlecamps as far afield as Cyprus and I think once even BATUS. It's been run by the same people for a while now which provides stability and currently has a Guards Sergeant Major which can't do any harm.

Sorry I can't be more help, if you're looking for a job there then just get them to send you a copy of the School Magazine, it always seemed to be full of what the CCF was up to.

JoeCivvie said:
Presumably your mate is also looking at working at Merchant Taylors as well?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=142722.html
Well done for using the search function. I can't see what is so reprehensible about asking about a couple of CCFs to help make a job choice - for a 'mate' or no. If you know something about the school in question let's hear it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
opswalla Jobs (Discussion) 2
BLOODY_TIPRAT Royal Signals 68
M Royal Signals 27