Berghaus Munro

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by allyjs, Dec 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seasons greetings.

Acquired one of these day sacks and I have the intention to mod it to make it a bit more useful and current.

Any suggestions for getting bits done to it?

Already plan to put molle loops over it.

2. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

3. Yeah got a few places lined up of where to get it done.

After any ideas of extra modifications apart from the molle loops to get sewn on.

4. X59

X59 LE

The best modifications to any bit of kit are the ones that solve little niggles.

No good looking for solutions to problems you don't have.

Unless it's to 'sex it up' of course.

'Need' is the mother of invention.

5. jayjays did a full molle and camelbak and radio slots for around 50 quid. Some **** nicked it as well

6. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'll say this before any of the old and bold say it. Use the kit you've been issued!!
    The new 45L patrol sack pretty much covers all the options.

Sent from my iPhone using the ARRSE application. No excuse for fat fingers. Learn to spell.

7. Yea but the issued one has on Ops at the min been proven to be shit, the straps are too narrow at the shoulder and have been causing horrendous neck rashes because of how it sits on osprey in our AO most blokes have now bought camelbak or blackhawk which are more fit for purpose,2 days of R&R left so I'm off to get mega wankered.

8. I've had a Munro for over 15 years and it is still going strong but to be fair to make it more 'current' you are better buying a daysack that is designed for the current environment or simply using the current issued bag. My Munro gets used for cycling to work or the odd range day for which it doesn't need modding, for exercise or ops it is simply too small.

9. why to small. I work with a few blokes who only use pouches on the rear of osprey and no daysack.

10. Must be funny watching them trying to get something out of a rear pouch in a contact!

11. So where do they put spare link, batteries, night sights, water, emergency rations and such. Unless of course they believe the 2 hour patrol they are on will only be 2 hours.

12. I have a sewing machine and have made some basic bits of kit over the last couple of years,little extras to pouches and kit where i see fit. Anyways,i added molle strapping to the front and sides of my munro,have recently sewn to side pouchzips on the top flap ,and made a few pouches to stick on the front and sides. Makes it a lot more useable now,rather than a single compartment,i can keep certain admin items and kit seperate and know where it is at all times.

I left the side retaining straps that are as standard,and when the side pouches are empty they can be used to compress the pouches down to almost take it back to its old single compartment size.

The top flap hasnt been modded in these pics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Send it back and spend the same amount on the Berghaus Centurio 30. Does everything you're looking to modify your Munro with. Has a water bladder container inside, extra pocket inside the lid pocket, MOLLE straps on the front & lid, zips to fit issue side pouches, but they were stingey fitted the zips upside down so they could only take the Berghaus side pouches. Also has padded back support with a sternum strap as standard. Trumps Camelbac day-sacks every time if you ask me.

14. Here is my latest incarnation
    IMG_9583 small.jpg IMG_9611small.jpg IMG_9614 small.jpg IMG_9515small.jpg IMG_9527small.jpg

the lid pouch will take a basha and more besides ,(mother load lite for scale)

15. Are you high?