Bergen Trapezius Pain

Hi, I have just started carrying a Bergen ( during my CMSR ) and noticed I get quite a nasty muscle pain in the muscle I think is the Trapezius.

I dont have very much upper body as i prefer to run when i train.

Does everyone experience pain in that muscle or is it due to lack of strength? Do i need to concentrate on the Trapezius or are there other muscles that need to be worked on to take the load of it? ( or do i just need to man up !? )

I would imagine this is a pretty common thing, there is not a specific muscle you can train, but if you trained your core muscles then after a while the pain should get easier.

If you're unsure of the core muscles, it's mainly the abdomen and back.
Joe, a correct-size pack with a properly adjusted waist belt transfers most of the pack's load to the pelvis. That's why most civvy packs have a belt; but militarily, the problem lies in integrating webbing/armour with the pack.
Hi, thanks for the responses. I will work on my core strength.

I didnt even know they come in different sizes I was just issued it. I am 5'11'' not sure what the correct size bergen would be. Its falling to bits as it is so I might ask for a new one. I did have webbing on underneath so this may have been causing the discomfort. I am going out for a session tomorrow might with it and no webbing so we shall see.

I have to do some distance with it on soon, wont have to having webbing on though apart from a belt and a couple of pouches.