Bergen Question

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by shepster, Jun 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Chaps...

Ok... I know I'm gonna get hammered for being incredibly lame and I'm really sorry to have to ask, but I've just been given a full set of PLCE - including bergen - and told to get on with it!

How the hell do you attach a standard shortback bergen to the yoke? Or don't you?

Arrgghhhh!!! All help for a new part-timer gratefully received.

Thanks!!!!!!

Shepster

2. You should have a main yoke for the belt webbing, A daysack yoke with straps for the side pockets and no the whole lot does not attach itself to the bergan! Thats the simple answer! Just sit and wait the incoming :!:

3. You should have a main yoke for the belt webbing, A daysack yoke with straps for the side pockets and no the whole lot does not attach itself to the bergan! Thats the simple answer! Just sit and wait the incoming :!:

4. check yr pm's .! might not be exactly what you asked but might be informative.

5. ask one of your recruiting team they should go through it with you it can be a bit fiddly putting all the pouches on and get the right set up for you. the only thing that is a pain in the arrse is the daysack yoke which attaches to the side pouch.

6. 307

307 War Hero

The best way to sort out webbing really is with a buddy, to be honest, to be given your rig and told to just egt on with it without a demo or anything is jack as fcuk and someone needs a serious speaking to, how are you meant to learn from that. I know you can play and find a way, but you really should have been shown how.

7. You will be shown your webbing and how to put it together on TAFS, we give our recruits a set just before the weekend as to avoid confusing them.

8. Agree with 307, you shouldn't be left alone with that stuff, it can be dangerous :lol:

Get yer buddies together mit webbing and a crate of wife basher and help each other sort out the kit.

9. thats a bit jap, We have at a least a 40 minute period on putting to-gether your PLCE, big tip the Bergan has it own shouldes straps, so does not need to fit onto your "yoke main x1"
    Cheers
    B_T