Bergen organisers - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Stayangry, Sep 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

I am looking for a kit recommendation and wonder if any of you guys can help. I need a pouch to act as a personal organiser for travelling and work.

It should be no larger than, say, a copy of FHM, but thick enough to take a reasonable amount of paper work and maps, perhaps with some compartments for pens and smaller documents.

It should be robust enough to prevent things from getting crushed or mangled in a bergen and perhaps water-restistant too. It should have a secure fastener to stop stuff coming out.

I have tried a air marker panel bag, but found it to be too floppy and without a secure fastening.

Does the kit I am looking for exist somewhere, or is it just a product of my imagination?

James

2. Blackhorse does a junior commander type folder but it aint cheap
    document case in a waterproof bag sounds best option .

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Hmmm, I just gave away what you want.

An A4 leather presentation folder with zip on 3 sidse.

[​IMG]

If you can't get one, try getting a THIN laptop bag.

Lap tops come very small these days and can be perfect document holders.

4. I just use a couple of Nirex folders for my docs and maps. I think the 40 sleeve A4 one costs about £8.00

5. there is a laptop bag called "the gimp" in neoprene that comes with dividers and might suit your needs

6. Yeah, try googling that. I bet the one you want is 150,000,000 of the results. :lol:

I used a 51mm mortar bomb bag with the pockety bits cut out to make one big compartment. Not waterproof, though, but a plakky bag inside took care of that side.