Bergans?

Anyone know of a place were i can get a cheap Bergen to run with and use for camping? im not looking for a hi tech expensive thing just something to train with and use for weekend camping. cheers

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ebay is your best bet in all honesty. :)

Anyone know of a place were i can get a cheap Bergen to run with and use for camping? im not looking for a hi tech expensive thing just something to train with and use for weekend camping. cheers
British Military Surplus

there's also a 'other arms' bergan for £5

IIRC this website has been mentioned/debated on arrse before...

or as it's already been stated, plenty on Fleabay

I bought a bergan a while back for £5 and has done me great (infantry version) I was wondering if it's worth buying a frame for?
Thanks

Four

Your a young lad whos trying to apply for the Army and get into AFC Harrogate so dont start thinking about running /tabbing with bergans and weight or you will f*ck yourself up...leave it to the Army PTIs who will give you introductions and weight build up for tabbing/running in boots and bergan if you successfully get into the Army. Ive seen loads of applicants have to withdraw aoolications due to injury so dont be another stat......by the way if its just camping you want it for fair doos.

Four

Your a young lad whos trying to apply for the Army and get into AFC Harrogate so dont start thinking about running /tabbing with bergans and weight or you will f*ck yourself up...leave it to the Army PTIs who will give you introductions and weight build up for tabbing/running in boots and bergan if you successfully get into the Army. Ive seen loads of applicants have to withdraw aoolications due to injury so dont be another stat......by the way if its just camping you want it for fair doos.
Cheers for that ill keep it in mind and i also do need one for hiking and camping.

Outdoor gear has really come along in recent decades. Fleece's, rucksacks etc etc. Most of the top end stuff is hopelessly engineered for most peoples needs. Much of it is produced in the same factory in China anyway. Don't bother, at this stage paying twice the price for a fancy label. However DO make sure you have decent hip support as most of the weight should be transfered on to the hips, lower back and legs for maximum load carry efficiency and so as not to restrict breathing.

The old SAS/PARA bergen without hip support was a nightmare. Designed to be worn on top of webbing or belt kit with added compromises for parachuting etc It would be entirely inappropriate for your current needs. The 'Regatta' range are considerably cheaper than many other brands but appear to be well made. This particular 'Pro Action' is a suitable size for wilderness camping and a reasonable design to boot. For the price you could afford to bin it after a few years when you know a bit more about what your doing. Buy Pro Action 80 Litre plus 10 Litre Rucksack - Black and Grey at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Rucksacks and daysacs.

Outdoor gear has really come along in recent decades. Fleece's, rucksacks etc etc. Most of the top end stuff is hopelessly engineered for most peoples needs. Much of it is produced in the same factory in China anyway. Don't bother, at this stage paying twice the price for a fancy label. However DO make sure you have decent hip support as most of the weight should be transfered on to the hips, lower back and legs for maximum load carry efficiency and so as not to restrict breathing.

The old SAS/PARA bergen without hip support was a nightmare. Designed to be worn on top of webbing or belt kit with added compromises for parachuting etc It would be entirely inappropriate for your current needs. The 'Regatta' range are considerably cheaper than many other brands but appear to be well made. This particular 'Pro Action' one appears to be a decent size for wilderness camping and a reasonable design to boot. For the price you could afford to bin it after a few years when you know a bit more about what your doing. Buy Pro Action 80 Litre plus 10 Litre Rucksack - Black and Grey at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Rucksacks and daysacs.
Cheers for that would it be in store?or will i have to get it online?

Cheers for that would it be in store?or will i have to get it online?
Looks like they have already sold out, so you will have to phone your local store and get one reserved. Alternatively you could order one of these ... Blacks Blacks Alpine 60+10l Rucksack The harness is fully adjustable so you won't have to worry about fit. It has slightly less capacity but is probably a tad better made and it's hydration system compatible. Edited to add it's also subdued so you can be 'sneaky' too.

Looks like they have already sold out, so you will have to phone your local store and get one reserved. Alternatively you could order one of these ... Blacks Blacks Alpine 60+10l Rucksack The harness is fully adjustable so you won't have to worry about fit. It has slightly less capacity but is probably a tad better made and it's hydration system compatible. Edited to add it's also subdued so you can be 'sneaky' too.
Like it! will any camelback pouch fit into it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
matthewtune Weapons, Equipment & Rations 24
wellyhead Health and Fitness 4
cpunk Weapons, Equipment & Rations 54