Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by The_Four, Jan 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of a place were i can get a cheap Bergen to run with and use for camping? im not looking for a hi tech expensive thing just something to train with and use for weekend camping. cheers
  2. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ebay is your best bet in all honesty. :)
  3. eBay is your friend. Paid around £15 for a shortback a few years ago. Looking at more of you want an old school para/sas one though.
  4. Cheers eBay it is
  5. you can buy mine for £80 :) proper good price that, honest.
  6. Can you send me some info or a link?
  7. British Military Surplus

there's also a 'other arms' bergan for £5

IIRC this website has been mentioned/debated on arrse before...

or as it's already been stated, plenty on Fleabay
  8. You can have my untouched Alice Pack for 50 sheets. Now that's ally.
  9. Whys is it going so cheap? and cheers
  10. Whats an alice pack?
  11. Probably as the surplus is mostly class 1/2 (ie 2nd hand)

You could always email/phone them and ask why is it so cheap ;-)
  12. sorry I was only joking, it's not for sale and that's an awful price aha, surprised you took it seriously :p
  13. I bought a bergan a while back for £5 and has done me great (infantry version) I was wondering if it's worth buying a frame for?
  14. Well I know nothing!
  15. Four

Your a young lad whos trying to apply for the Army and get into AFC Harrogate so dont start thinking about running /tabbing with bergans and weight or you will f*ck yourself up...leave it to the Army PTIs who will give you introductions and weight build up for tabbing/running in boots and bergan if you successfully get into the Army. Ive seen loads of applicants have to withdraw aoolications due to injury so dont be another the way if its just camping you want it for fair doos.