bergan sores

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by bustagonad, Mar 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone have any way's to stop getting bergan sores ,other than not tabbing with a bergan .

2. Zinc oxide tape on the vulnerable bits works for most people.

3. Depends where you are getting them and what bergan you have/how you wear it.

Running with a Berghaus Crusader is rather different to running with the issue item on top of your webbing.

In my day we never had body armour which must be an additional complication. Having said that it must be preferable to using the old GS Bergan - let alone the "man pack frame" with a MILAN on it!

[​IMG]

What are you using and where is the problem?

4. thanks for the reply . they are mainly just on the shoulder blades and its using the issue bergans

5. On P Coy I used the soft white medic tape on my shoulders and back. Seemed to do the trick although I'd rather suffer with the sores than the pain of removing the tape.

6. Tape extra padding onto the existing straps, slightly overlap it making it wider. Use an old roll mat.

7. Use vaseline :p before going for a long tab...

in theory your skin will toughen up over time and you won't get this problem any more

8. OK so how are you wearing the issue bergan?

Over webbing? Over webbing and CBA/ECBA?

Are you running?

Do you fasten the waist belt? What sort of weight are you carrying - in the bergan/in the webbing?

What clothing are you wearing? (V. important)

It all makes a big difference!

What were you doing the last time you got the "Bergan burns"? (As we used to call them!)

9. Or he could just soldier on?

10. In fact...yeah, man up wet pants!

11. well its info for my sprog, and he's doing cic para, and there starting to up the distance and loads and he's developed 2small sores on his shoulder blades ,nothing major just wanted some tips to stop them getting worse really

12. Well tell your sprog to man up then! Seriously - zinc oxide tape.

13. I find the combination of sweat, friction and the synthetic issue t-shirt material makes for a really uncomfortable tab. I get a really itchy sore area on my lower back. Never do anything about it though, just a case of getting on with it.

14. cheers some good ideas . the screws tell them to just get on with it ,but its best to prevent minor things before they become major.