Bergan on and off (exercise)? Any PTIs here?

Only thing I did like this was 3 sets of 10 reps but for multi-seat vehicle entry and egress.

This sounds like one of those whizzo ideas some 60-year old eejit at HJV HQ has come up with, courtesy of having spent six months in the ever-so-special HJV patrols company in 1985. I fail to see much merit in it, frankly.

Amazingly no. This is from the British Army Reserves 8 week training programme for recruits to do between the modules of phase 1 training.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Amazingly no. This is from the British Army Reserves 8 week training programme for recruits to do between the modules of phase 1 training.
Jesus, that's amazing. It sounded more than idiotic enough to be HJV.

Jesus, that's amazing. It sounded more than idiotic enough to be HJV.

You seem to have a few (incorrect) preconceptions about the HJV. It's like most reserve organisations in that there are both good and bad elements. The focus has been more professional over the last years, and a lot more training, equipment, and standards are aligned with regular forces.

Still not everything, unfortunately (especially the police home guard, who still do all they can to destroy our credibility).

Happy to chat about it in a different thread.

Functional fitness in action - you need to be fit enough to pick up a 25kg bergen so practice picking up a 25kg bergen
I'm struggling to think of a time when my bergen weighed only 25kg, especially with a a 351 pack under the lid and a spare battery, and....... Heavier than Harold Shipman's conscience/Cyril Smith's Tesco trolley.

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
I'm struggling to think of a time when my bergen weighed only 25kg, especially with a a 351 pack under the lid and a spare battery, and....... Heavier than Harold Shipman's conscience/Cyril Smith's Tesco trolley.
True, but this is for recruits - if the DS say a 25kg bergen then 25kg it will be, how many times its unpacked/repacked or how many pressups are smashed out in the process of getting the weight correct is up to the recruits!

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just get your man to carry it for you. Job done.
1611075036919.png

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
You seem to have a few (incorrect) preconceptions about the HJV. It's like most reserve organisations in that there are both good and bad elements. The focus has been more professional over the last years, and a lot more training, equipment, and standards are aligned with regular forces.

Still not everything, unfortunately (especially the police home guard, who still do all they can to destroy our credibility).

Happy to chat about it in a different thread.
Oh, I know - the bulk of the green HJV are bang on and have the respect of their Regular comrades, especially as, in recent years, the two organisations have been far better integrated.

My old feller was involved in the original drive to set up the HJV. He was very keen to stress the different DNA and structure - and purpose - of the HJV vs the regular armed forces.

That said, there have always been some world-class throbbers in and around the head shed, some with distinctly Waltish tendencies, which is a shame, given that the HJV is, at its heart, the old resistance movement, whether BOPA, Holger Danske or anyone else and that's quite nails enough.

Latest Threads