• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bergan Hill Training

Can anyone tell me a good way to add weight to my bergan for training purposes. - Sand, plastic bottles filled with water. Etc. Also I am wantingto buy a good pair of boots to get my feet use to tabbing - any recommendations?

Regards

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can anyone tell me a good way to add weight to my bergan for training purposes. - Sand, plastic bottles filled with water. Etc. Also I am wantingto buy a good pair of boots to get my feet use to tabbing - any recommendations?

Regards
This is the advice you were given by The Duke, fkin listen to him, he knows what he's talking about, forget the boots, weights and bergans!!!

Don't worry about training with weight or long walks over the moors. Get your trainers on, get out running and push yourself further and faster each time. Everything else will be covered in the cadre.

This is the advice you were given by The Duke, fkin listen to him, he knows what he's talking about, forget the boots, weights and bergans!!!

Hi Joker,

I have taken The Duke advice, I run for miles every other day on his advice. Are you saying that I shouldn't train with a bergan at all? I shouldn't hill tab at all?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi Joker,
I have taken The Duke advice, I run for miles every other day on his advice. Are you saying that I shouldn't train with a bergan at all? I shouldn't hill tab at all?
Precisely what I'm saying, as The Duke said, the training staff will give you all the advice you need on running with bergans and weight when you get there. Due to H&S, regular recruits aren't even allowed to carry their 1157 back to the block these days. Just keep up the running as His Grace says, but include a few hills as well, just NO BOOTS OR BERGANS as you don't want to injure yourself before you even start.

Latest Threads