Beretta 90Two

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Alsacien, Dec 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Anyone played with one yet?

http://www.beretta90two.com/

I liked my 92SBF until the UK gov stole it from me and fancy a cheap'ish 9mm (Euro 1200 new).

2. I like it. I had a Beretta 92, the early version with 1911 type safety and heel of butt mag release, was always faultless with any ammo , even the cheap £4/100 Eygyptian stuff.

Ironically I got the 92F price for it when it was confiscated by the Govt so I made money on it, would have preferred to keep it though.

I find it amusing that they specify a rounded trigger guard for correct grip, when the 92F was introduced with the scalloped and serrated trigger guard 'for correct grip'!

The wheel revolves I suppose.

Accesory rail as standard too, not bad.

Shame we can't own them anymore :(

3. A faint hint of nostalgia "sniff"

I had a 92 F . It would have been nice in 40 S+W (Never got chance to find out)

Is the frame size the same on the new beasty

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Its a new frame, same size just rounded off here and there - 92 series holsters etc are meant to fit.
    Hand grip is meant to be excellent, but the roundness concerns me, I had to swap the grips on my 226 x-five for more square ones as I kept losing the reference if drawing to fire.

5. It looks quite smart, but I'm not sure that it's worth the extra cash in comparison to a standard 92F. That said I haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

7. True, but you can fit one on the 92A1, if you can get hold of one that is.

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I've decided to get one in .40 as BDS class it as a production pistol for German IPSC.
    Need to find a price better than Euro1100, and extra mags are 75 !!!