Berets

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cloggie, Apr 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm aware that we Dutch aren't wellknown of sporting the flashiest berets.
    But wtf are the septics thinking??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Isn't this the Dutch equivalent?

Attached Files:

• 2686.jpg
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
  3. So what is that guys Purple Heart for? Did he get an ingrowing toe nail whilst flying over Iraq at 37,000 feet?

4. can't you see the last pic he is Speshul forces..

5. Special needs more like.

6. If you were as bright as you are observant you'd be brain dead. A quick look at the cap badges, the colour of the beret of the officer presenting the gongs and his shoulder patches would tell you that both pictures are of the same presentation to the same unit(s). Now who's "speshul"?

Hmmm... Special forces patches... Airborne Ranger patches... Not much chance of him only flying over the combat zone... But then, you call yourself "fat boy"... They aren't all call John Kerry you know...

As to the point of the thread I thought the OP was being polite about "hats"... :oops:

7. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Looks sephsaul to me too. Didn't know the infidel american pig dogs wore the sandy lids? Arn't the red ones para-rescue bods too?

8. I've seen spams in maroon, green and blue berets but what unit wears the sand one, as charmingly modelled by the general in the piccies above? Damn sometimes Tripwire might, just might be useful!

9. Rangers

10. Rangers wear black berets.

11. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

And wiki comes to the aid again!

"Beret change
    In June 2001, Army Chief of Staff General Shinseki gave the order to issue black berets to regular soldiers. At the time, black berets were being worn exclusively by the Rangers. This created a lot of discontent within the 75th Ranger Regiment and even led to retired Rangers going on nationwide roadmarches to Washington, D.C. to protest against the decision. Because there was not a Presidential authorization to the Regiment for exclusive wear of the black beret, they switched to wearing a tan beret to preserve a unique appearance, tan being reflective of the buckskin worn by the men of Robert Rogers' Rangers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/75th_Ranger_Regiment_%28United_States%29

12. No, you are just more current than what I is...fainites!

13. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Looks a bit weird on them really...

14. British Army doesnt do too bad for an array of beret colours though does it