Berets..

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jason123, Sep 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I may be repeating an already asked question but I can't seem to find any info on this, I'm in need of a new beret and the only berets I can seem to find online are "officer berets" and, forgive me if I'm being naiive, but can any rank wear these berets? The link below is what I mean,

Navy/Army (Officer) Silk Lined Beret [HDB-RLCB] - £17.35 : RVOps, Military Boots, Clothing and Equipment

Or can anyone give me a link as towhere I could get a beret, I'm part of the Royal Logistic Corps, (navy berets).

Cheers in advance

Jason.

2. Officers' ones have to be larger to fit their over-inflated heads.

Coat, hat, gone

3. Yes, you can wear one. I've been wearing privately purchased 'officer' berets for years as they fit far better than the issued heli landing pads, usually sourced from HM Supplies in Aldershot for around £15. I am not, never have been and strongly suspect I never will be an officer.

4. Product Description

As worn by Royal Engineers, Royal Signals, Royal Artillery, RLC & Navy (not submariners!!!!) ..

# Blue Silk Lining
    # 100% Wool
    # Small crown for prefered shaping and fit
    # Leather binding

Not a real one then.

5. msr

msr LE

Speak to the man at Q&M.

msr

6. When I was a cadet, my beret had a silk ribbon banding, not leather. Are these still made and can you still wear them?

7. ive saw a RLC Major wearing one at my college on Wednesday, but then again he was wearing a stable belt :-O

8. I hope he was in Barrack Dress if he's wearing a stable belt.....

9. nope, 95's. It was the side fastening version, and i didnt really want to be a cheeky cnut and point out he was incorrectly dressed during a (long) lecture. I think the moustache made up for a lack of dress regs though!

10. I note that the beret at the above link has also been shaped to TA specs.

11. And why not submariners? I am sure these orifice berets will be great for opening valves, wiping your oily hands on etc!