Berets! the definitive cadet guide.

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Pillager, Apr 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wasn't that purchase out of necessity Bennett after a certain washing machine incident? I think you should have kept the old one - it was very stylish.

And the 'tash, you should have definitely kept the 'tash

2. PMSL, Nah some B-Coy mong left theirs in a bergan at the end of summercamp so i swiped it.

I'm re-growing the 'tash at the moment, well I say re-growing what I mean is not shaving.

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I've always ripped the inner lining out of mine.Make's it easier to shape.And not as warm in the summer (Or at least take the plastic square out-Makes the bonce sweat)
    Spike

4. I was told that the plastic bit if left in caused baldness. This could have been tall tales though.

5. I tore my plastic bit out. I'm bald. You pays your money, you takes your choice...

6. We Dutch tend to wear the beret somewhat swiveled,badge more towards the ear than the eye,just like in the picture.
    We are suposed to wear it just like you lot,right above the left eye,but we like to p*ss off the officers too much. :twisted:
    so therefor swiveled.
    I ripped my liner out as well because it was simply too thick to get the beret in a decent shape.

P.s and yes, we do have feckin big ugly capbadges :(

7. You should see our capbadge. It feels like being a Roman Legionaire behind that shield. "Platoon on the word of comand, form tortouise"

8. Exceptional spelling there Bennett :)