Berets on Ebay

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by ex_donkey_man, Sep 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought I'd throw this one up now, as otherwise I'll end up leaving too late.
    My helicopter pad of a beret has died a death of honour, luckily it was after Rememberance day last year, but a couple of months ago I saw some on Ebay.
    They were for about £9.95 if I'm right, but now I can't find the person selling them even though I did save the item in my watch list. I only didn't buy it then as I was about to go on holiday.
    I know this would be easy, but I'm ex Hcav and need a blue beret with a Blue, red, blue flash on it and I'm not risking sewing the DZ flash on it myself. I've seen them for £20, but would rather pay £10 for the 25 or so hours a year I wear it!

Anyone know of the lady / chap selling them?

2. If you want a new one then you'll be paying £20 plus. Have you got some old Bos era muckers that can victimise some Nig and claim that his Beret is "Cast" like they do with other bits of kit to raise funds for the Sgts mess? Hey presto - new beret. Alternatively if you're honest you could trawl through the surplus shops round the depots at Pirbright/Bovingdon if they're close where you should pick one up cheap.