Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Beret styles

Supposed to be right and rear in 11H,on Tank Park or Exercise,all sorts of styles crept in ....who cares anyway? Take your pic.I favoured half mast denims as well.
32Bravo.jpg

It bugs me to see berets now being worn "cowpat" style, with the badge hidden. It's as if those who do it are ashamed of their unit. With some units however, this is understandable.

It bugs me to see berets now being worn "cowpat" style, with the badge hidden. It's as if those who do it are ashamed of their unit. With some units however, this is understandable.
I don't mind the capbadge being worn over the corner of the left eye, indeed I wore mine like that as did a lot of other lads. Wearing the badge almost above the left ear though, is not a good look.

Beret style queries always remind me of an older Cpl at my unit when I was a sprog... a character who had reached his ceiling and was happy to just wind up SSMs... wore his beret Frank Spencer stylie and refused to unpick the thick plastic square on the liner. Happy to wear his beret like a shower cap... "As issued Sir... as issued..."

What is it with units today, especially the Paras, Crab Regt and a couple I can’t think of at the mo. They wear their berets like an Andy Cap flat one, why aren’t senior Ruperts picking up on this and putting a stop to it.
Is it an Ally statement, dunno about you older gents, I think they look stupid. Could one of the current serving folk please enlighten us.
In the 70s if my Razman had seen my beret worn like that,it would have suddenly got a wheeeee!!!

What is it with units today, especially the Paras, Crab Regt and a couple I can’t think of at the mo. They wear their berets like an Andy Cap flat one, why aren’t senior Ruperts picking up on this and putting a stop to it.
Is it an Ally statement, dunno about you older gents, I think they look stupid. Could one of the current serving folk please enlighten us.
In the 70s if my Razman had seen my beret worn like that,it would have suddenly got a wheeeee!!!
Rupert? Thats the RSM’s territory.

The less said about officer berets, the better...

Do you mean the plate smuggler or the full satellite dish?

In VSO this normally went with the japanese puttees, the triangular bits sticking out of the cuffs of their longer-than-normal combat jackets...

“Mail getting through?...boots fit?...what are your arcs young man?”