Beret help!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Beranda, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, I just got a new beret and have to sew on the cap badge and mould it by tomorrow. Now I've never had one before and at the moment its just flat. I understand the kind of shape it has to acquire, and to use hot water but I'm pretty stuck on where to sew the cap badge and how to make it sit nicely. I realise this sounds stupid, but I don't want to screw it up!

Thanks guys.
  2. Where the split in the leather band is; that should sit to the rear of your head. The badge should be above the left eye. Once it's wet then rinse it out and shape it on your head to the shape you require. Leave it on your head for a while to dry out a little or alternatively put your head in the oven on gas mark 5 for 12 minutes.
  3. A sew on badge? whatever next?
  4. Thought you Airborne chaps had the badge above the left ear? Or has that been outlawed?
  5. That's old school and looks stupid anyway.
  6. Yes but Berenda is obviously a hat - like yourself!
  7. Yes. If you say so.
  8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Now what looks stupid is a certain Jock Officer cadet I pinged at brum new street, wearing a maroon lid with a RRS capbadge (!) over his left ear, complete with Hackle. He also had a dagger up. We were at the same platoon so had a great little chat with him complete with his attendance on "advanced battlefield tactics course" held at Brecon - but didn't know which div ran the course. Didn't tell him I was in just let him prattle on.

Wish I'd taken a picture of his mug when I told him that he was talking bollocks, and to sort his act out. Happy Days!!!
  9. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

I like old school. :wink:
  10. I meant Llech
  11. So did I a long time ago! :)
  12. Play School more like :p
  13. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

And your point is?
  14. Yep, he is a hat! :)
  15. Yawn dont tell me Clansman was a rank and not a radio system..........