Bereaved Wife of ex 1 Sqn RCT - Chequered Flag Logo Desperately Needed

Hi

I'm posting on behalf of a friend who requires the 1 Sqn RCT chequered flag logo, highest resolution if possible please.

The logo will then be used to make a bespoke plaque and then raffled as one of many prizes in a charity fundraising event. The event in question is aiming to make as much money as possible for the wife of an ex 1 Sqn soldier who passed away recently, taken away far too soon leaving not only his wife, but also a young baby.

Please don't ask me to search Google, done that thanks, couldn't find a thing. Further to that, the present day 1 Sqn now comes under QOGLR and their logo has been re-branded with kukris, removing the chequered flag altogether, so no good there unfortunately.

I have trawled dii today with nothing to show, so any direction would be massively appreciated.

Thank you

I'll give that a go, thanks.

Yeah I've just had a look, unfortunately what they're using on their fb page is not the original 1 Sqn flag, it looks like someone has put it together possibly for their fb group, there are far too many black squares on the flag. Thanks anyway.

1sqn.png

This is a very low resolution of the original 1 Sqn logo. (obviously minus the black background)

R0B

Old-Salt
Yeah I've just had a look, unfortunately what they're using on their fb page is not the original 1 Sqn flag, it looks like someone has put it together possibly for their fb group, there are far too many black squares on the flag. Thanks anyway.

View attachment 331340

This is a very low resolution of the original 1 Sqn logo. (obviously minus the black background)
I'll have a go at one later tonight.

What's the story of the flagpole being to the right as you look at it?

R0B

Old-Salt
When you blow your image up it's so blurry that it's difficult to get the lines in the right place so it looks a bit gash.
1sqn-larger.jpg

When you blow your image up it's so blurry that it's difficult to get the lines in the right place so it looks a bit gash.
View attachment 331375
You are an absolute star, I am assuming that you have created this in some photoshop(ish) type of software?

However it was created, I would like to thank you VERY much for the time and effort that you have gone to in putting this together. You are a Gent!

R0B

Old-Salt
You are an absolute star, I am assuming that you have created this in some photoshop(ish) type of software?

However it was created, I would like to thank you VERY much for the time and effort that you have gone to in putting this together. You are a Gent!
It was done in Adobe Illustrator. I will have another go at the weekend as it doesn't look right.

R0B

Old-Salt
2nd attempt. If you need the original vector artwork let me know, sometime printers need that as a jpg isn't scalable without loss of quality.

1sqn-v2.jpg

Unfortunately all Sqns that were took over by the QOGTR/QOGLR have had their histories erased. I found an ISO in Hullavington with all of 94 Sqns history just thrown in it and allowed to rot. Managed to save some items but a lot of photos were beyond saving.

Slightly off topic but if you find anything from any of the Sqns then do you best to save them for prosperity.

Hope you raise as much cash as is needed.

2nd attempt. If you need the original vector artwork let me know, sometime printers need that as a jpg isn't scalable without loss of quality.

View attachment 332048
Thank you for the time that you have spent on this, it's very much appreciated.

Latest Threads