Bercow What a ****!!

Well there was a Galloway one.!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...im-attend-funeral-Labour-MP-Paul-Goggins.html

Commons Speaker John Bercow has been criticised after it emerged he charged taxpayers £1,300 to attend an MP’s funeral.

Mr Bercow was one of a host of MPs at the Manchester service for popular Labour backbencher Paul Goggins who collapsed and died while out running in January.

He charged £239.10 for a return train journey to Manchester for him and two staff, plus £112.50 for a car from Parliament to Euston station and back the next day.

Once they tot up all the expense claims of those MP's They might as well have given this bloke a State funded private funeral and paraded him round Parliament Square....
It would have been fecking cheaper!!

Will these ******* ever get it?

Last edited:

ACAB

LE
If it was official, we pay (be interesting to find out 'who' and 'why' two staff were needed)

If he's attending the funeral of a mate then he pays.

You would think after the expenses scandle they would have reined themselves in a tad but their arrogance, greed and sense of entitlement seem unabated.

If it was official, we pay (be interesting to find out 'who' and 'why' two staff were needed)

If he's attending the funeral of a mate then he pays.

You would think after the expenses scandle they would have reined themselves in a tad but their arrogance, greed and sense of entitlement seem unabated.

No doubt it will be written into some sort of protocol somewhere that the speaker of the house is 'expected' to attend members funerals when they die in office although London to Manchester can be done in a day easily.. Why did he need the expensive overnight stay?

The two staff can be explained as one being his body slave the other to wipe his arse.....

Expect more of this level of reporting as we approach the GE. Points scoring all around the parties. They'll be a rash following the 11 November occasion and the number who claim for the cost of a wreath and the time out of their Sunday leisure spent in laying it.
I seem to recall Dr. Fox claiming, quite factually, a few pennies for a couple of hundred yard's journey.

Last edited:
£500 to travel around Manchester, he must have done half the "Little black book" thelbb.co.uk for that much. It certainly wasn't nocturnal crack whore knee tremblers in Minshull Street or up the Rochdale Road!

Hexi Block

Old-Salt
Talk about Them and Us. What ever happened to Austerity.

Disgusting the lot of em. Fetch the guillotine ma camarade
Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité, its time for new office.

Swannee Kazoo

War Hero
I've just googled 1st class rail trip from London to Manchester, and it comes up as £38.00 as the cheapest, so what was he travelling in to rack up £239.10?

philc

LE
Your surprised about this, the little shite is married to about the biggest media whore in London, he is being investigated in to why he gave away a pass to parliament to some non entity. All in all he is an twat.

if the troughs there, it would be foolish not to feed from it.

NSP

LE
All in all he is a twat.
Aren't they all? None of them are in it for the service, for the "making a difference," despite what they say - unless the difference is an uplift to their bank balances.

Hexi Block

Old-Salt
As ARRSE is the font of' all nollidge' and we know he's a twat. Why isnt he twatted in the house of twats and replaced by the CO.

I've just googled 1st class rail trip from London to Manchester, and it comes up as £38.00 as the cheapest, so what was he travelling in to rack up £239.10?

Private Car from (large publicly funded) abode in Westminster to Euston.
Private Car from Manchester Piccadilly to Funeral Venue then on to wake (where no doubt he also filled his boots).
Private Car from wake to hotel.
Following morning Private Car from Hotel to Piccadilly, Car from Euston to abode in Westminster.

The tube, buses and taxi's are for the common people......

The man is an utter ******!!

He only did it to bury the news that MPs have just voted through a six million quid subsidy for the boozers and restaurants in Parliament.

What's his lass up to at present I wonder....I'd be on her like a Parson's Jack Russel on a shoe box full of unweaned chinchillas....!

Maybe the overnight stay was for the night before? Fair enough getting to any important meeting the day before to avoid train delays etc.

Although pretty sure he could have hired a private taxi to drive him there and back in a day, for cheaper.

Three tickets to Manchester and back isn't going to cost you £38.00, no matter what way you dress it up.

It ranged from £106 to £159 for three adults to travel tomorrow to Manchester from London and £106 to £202 to return the day after tomorrow. Sitting in an almost for nothing seat on the milk and mail train overnight are things of the past.

Lets also not forget that travel organisations and hotels ratchet up their prices for business travellers. There isn't such a thing as economy if they know, ultimately the tax man is picking up the tab. Any business traveler will know that.

I don't resent expenses being paid for legitimate reasons. Some might have a view on the legitimacy
of this particular visit but I think it's a fair one.

I do strongly object to paying out for second homes, pond features, gas and electric bills and so on.

Of course Bercow likes to big it up on the public expense. Show me any speaker in modern times who hasn't if the truth be known. It comes with the territory. Whatever way you dress it up, austerity is not something for any of the top tier of British politics.

Latest Threads