Bent Coppers

#1
More than 1,000 serving police officers in Britain have criminal convictions, according to figures obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7936041.stm

Now being somewhat of a cynic I wonder how many of those convicted some for fairly serious offences are practicing members of this association in their spare time ?

http://www.namm.org.uk/

Yes chaps I know but it's the NAAFI
 
#2
Only 1,000? That's not very many at all, especially in a collective the size of the UK police forces. How many tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of coppers do we have?
I bet the percentage isn't high. Let's face it, most Bobbies lose their job if they're convicted of anything remotely serious, so the 1,000 convictions will be very minor ones. Usually, anything that calls integrity into question, and it's bye bye job. (Rightly so).

Bit of a non story.
 
#4
GeneralMayhem said:
More than 1,000 serving police officers in Britain have criminal convictions, according to figures obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7936041.stm

Now being somewhat of a cynic I wonder how many of those convicted some for fairly serious offences are practicing members of this association in their spare time ?

http://www.namm.org.uk/

Yes chaps I know but it's the NAAFI

So you think some of them engrave headstones :?
 
#5
Whiskey_60 said:
I thought this thread was going to be about gay uniformed porn.

Ahh well, back to waiting.
At first glance I thought you had said back to walting :wink:
 
#8
LoneTree said:
That Paddick fellas an out & out raging fudgepacker.
Death to fudgepackers (not the one's who actually work in the confectionary fudge packing industry of course), weasles, small nondescript insects, overweight women with screaming kids innna pram, Bus drivers and ZANU Labour.
 
#9
Of course coppers are bent! I learned that when I was about 13 when me and my mates had been collecting fireworks for weeks and had them stashed for bonfire night. We got caught with all the goodies etc stashed in our pockets and jackets on the big night! took the lot of us and told us to fcuk off home.

couple hours later when we were mooching about we seen all our rockets and stuff get set off out the back of the copshop! cnuts!!
 
#10
RIGRAT, you are absolutely correct. I mean what they should have done was call in an ATO to dismantle the said fireworks. There is no way setting them off in the back of the nick was a proportionate way to dispose of them safely.
 
#11
old_n_fat said:
RIGRAT, you are absolutely correct. I mean what they should have done was call in an ATO to dismantle the said fireworks. There is no way setting them off in the back of the nick was a proportionate way to dispose of them safely.
Indeed. I remember a few months after one of the lads had robbed a smoke grenade from somewhere because he was in the cadets or something similar. We were all very curious as to what it would be like so went a trek up to the top fields as far away as we could get from prying eyes. 'popped' it and watched amazed as loads of yellow smoke pumped out of it.

only problem was, the wind blew it onto the A69 and the cops had to close the road for ages as all the smoke was stuck in a cutting! they even had the police helicopter out! one of the lads thought it was to blow the smoke away! I think it was probably looking for us.

obviously I wasnt there and took no part in it and i never went back up the fields again for ages.
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#12
Mugatu2 said:
Only 1,000? That's not very many at all, especially in a collective the size of the UK police forces. How many tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of coppers do we have?
I bet the percentage isn't high. Let's face it, most Bobbies lose their job if they're convicted of anything remotely serious, so the 1,000 convictions will be very minor ones. Usually, anything that calls integrity into question, and it's bye bye job. (Rightly so).

Bit of a non story.
I believe the convictions include ABh, burglary, indecent assault, drugs offences and drink driving, so of course, nothing remotely serious.

As for numbers, not as many as you may think. The Met run to about 10,000 but a lot of forces run at around 1200-1600.
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#13
Mugatu2 said:
Only 1,000? That's not very many at all, especially in a collective the size of the UK police forces. How many tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of coppers do we have?
I bet the percentage isn't high. Let's face it, most Bobbies lose their job if they're convicted of anything remotely serious, so the 1,000 convictions will be very minor ones. Usually, anything that calls integrity into question, and it's bye bye job. (Rightly so).

Bit of a non story.
I believe the convictions include ABh, burglary, indecent assault, drugs offences and drink driving, so of course, nothing remotely serious.

As for numbers, not as many as you may think. The Met run to about 10,000 but a lot of forces run at around 1200-1600.
 
#14
Whiskey_60 said:
TheBigUn said:
Whiskey_60 said:
I thought this thread was going to be about gay uniformed porn.

Ahh well, back to waiting.
At first glance I thought you had said back to walting :wink:
I did, I took Goose Green all on my own don't you know?
I cleared the Green Goose the other night.........shouldn't have had that curry! :roll:
 
#17
I have a copper in the extended family, her classic moments include getting p*ssed EVERY Friday night and driving home from the pub bleating that "one flash of mi warrant card and ill be sound", passing on the name and address of an (at the time) yet to be convicted bloke who had ripped her Dad off culminating in him being slapped all over his front room, been rifted for attempting to take the helmet off a motorcyclist who took a tumble on the hard shoulder near Hartshead Services and off topic but much to my utter astonishment and embarrasment she trooped up to an armed policeman on Poole Quay when I took her and her husband down for a weekend and loudly stated to him "we dont get that issued in our lot" whilst pointing to his rifle, after he asked what she was issued with (with a bemused look on his face) she fessed up to being a beat bobby in her probationary period !

What a jumped up little f*ckstick ! :D Would get it though !
 
#18
I believe the convictions include ABh, burglary, indecent assault, drugs offences and drink driving, so of course, nothing remotely serious.


The mis-appropriation of Met issue credit cards was a recent purge, examples being, plastic surgery for the frau to £70k extensions to the house You got to love their style :D
 
#19
All the statistics on Police Force size and numbers are held centrally at the Association of Chief Police Officers Headquarters, well they were but someone stole them. :oops:
 
#20
Don't bother following the link I posted FFS!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top