Benefits of High Speed Rail project exaggerated, secret report reveals

I think HS2 should continue in order to realise the far-out benefits - better linkage with Europe, reduction in external and internal flights and internal road use, etc. Many of course will never use it but it will take pressure off what they do use. The analysis needs a hundred year horizon.

As to this four-minute stuff, the fewer the stations the less this matters. You can't have a High Speed link that potters from stop to stop like the Titfield Thunderbolt.
You been on the waccie baccie?

Just passed through Wolverton and MK Central. From stop moving to start moving again - 60 seconds at both.
I was specifically talking about the new Siemens that run on the Southern routes. I've no idea about your area.

You mean like the Overground? It's just one long train as you walk through them, with multiple carriages.
I've never knowingly used the Overground, but they're a bit like the Jubilee (?) line trains I've used, where you could see from end to end if there were no passengers, but the Southern trains that run south out of MK have much more clutter like internal fittings like front and rear facing seating, WCs and luggage racks either side of the aisles.

I've never knowingly used the Overground, but they're a bit like the Jubilee (?) line trains I've used, where you could see from end to end if there were no passengers,
I don't know if Jubilee has those now - not the last time I've used them - a while ago now. But yes, you're right, in your description.

And so it continues...

More delay. More money,

Crossrail Probably Won't Open In Autumn 2019

Has anyone noticed how they seem to have gone back to calling it 'Crossrail' rather than the 'Elizabeth Line'? No doubt to save HM the embarrassment of having her name associated with such a farce.
Engineering wise, I watch what they are trying to do and I am like, "I can't do that!"

BBC iPlayer - The Fifteen Billion Pound Railway - Under Pressure, Over Budget: Episode 2