Benefits of being fit

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Judder, Nov 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Even though I left the forces some years ago I still tend to keep myself fit.

It truly does make you feel better, think better and look better.

That's why we're all good looking gits!!
  2. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Thank you. It's true.
  3. I like to laugh at fat people. It's just something I do.
  4. I thought this thread was about pretty girls doing sexual favours to get promoted :(.
  5. But being fit makes these favours more likely to come your way. :)
  6. Left in 99 after spending a year on a biff chit (didn't really need it just couldn't be arrrsed with PT after I had signed off) a few years later I had added 4 inches and a good couple of stone sitting on my backside I decided to do something about it. In a space of a year I am almost at fighting weight and possibly stronger and fitter than I was when I was in.

I put it down to the fact that whilst serving the daft o'clock run at the slowest mans pace daily phys sessions was something a young buck tries to swerve, now I get jittery if I don't get my pumps on each day (seriously I haven't run to day and I am going to have to compensate with push ups)

I lurving it :wink:
  7. Yup fitness is great. Im in my last few weeks of training for Sanditz in Jan and im feeling the best i ever have. I do some form of training 5 days from 7 and i love it.

When i was down at the gunners i thought id better get my act togther when i saw the PTI's screensaver. a Floating sentance of " I SEE FAT PEOPLE!!". I didnt want to be the target of Mr PTI's beasting.

8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I'm hardly a skinny bloke, too much beer for that, but the exercise does help. 8 mile runs have been the order of the day for as long as i can remember, with press ups and other fun things (my "pti" is a mate who plays for Northampton Saints 2nd team...).

BUT, bizarrely, working in a garden is a lot better for me - lots of walking, lifting, chopping, squats etc.

Which pans out to be fit and mean, yet also a dab hand at giving lovely 20 year old uni students houses rockeries... :D
  9. Rocky beat the invincible Ivan Drago using the same techniques. And ended communism.
  10. It's not true at all, I love being an overweight smoke. Itake enormous pride in the self-induced pressure when doing PT. It makes me feel I'm earning my money while you racing snakes are coasting through life.

11. I think getting fit is the best thing I've done in ages (getting fit in time for joining up). but I rekon the biggest advantage is faster hangover recoveries!
  12. ....And the getting pissed for less!
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Must be something in that since I gave up all attempts at fitness beyond the need to get to work, admittedly nearly 20 years after leaving, my alcohol tolerance level has risen and getting minging costs a lot more than before even if you work it out in drinks as opposed to cash!