Benefits of being fit

Even though I left the forces some years ago I still tend to keep myself fit.

It truly does make you feel better, think better and look better.

That's why we're all good looking gits!!

I like to laugh at fat people. It's just something I do.

Left in 99 after spending a year on a biff chit (didn't really need it just couldn't be arrrsed with PT after I had signed off) a few years later I had added 4 inches and a good couple of stone sitting on my backside I decided to do something about it. In a space of a year I am almost at fighting weight and possibly stronger and fitter than I was when I was in.

I put it down to the fact that whilst serving the daft o'clock run at the slowest mans pace daily phys sessions was something a young buck tries to swerve, now I get jittery if I don't get my pumps on each day (seriously I haven't run to day and I am going to have to compensate with push ups)

I lurving it :wink:

Yup fitness is great. Im in my last few weeks of training for Sanditz in Jan and im feeling the best i ever have. I do some form of training 5 days from 7 and i love it.

When i was down at the gunners i thought id better get my act togther when i saw the PTI's screensaver. a Floating sentance of " I SEE FAT PEOPLE!!". I didnt want to be the target of Mr PTI's beasting.

_DL

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'm hardly a skinny bloke, too much beer for that, but the exercise does help. 8 mile runs have been the order of the day for as long as i can remember, with press ups and other fun things (my "pti" is a mate who plays for Northampton Saints 2nd team...).

BUT, bizarrely, working in a garden is a lot better for me - lots of walking, lifting, chopping, squats etc.

Which pans out to be fit and mean, yet also a dab hand at giving lovely 20 year old uni students houses rockeries... :D

BBear said:
I'm hardly a skinny bloke, too much beer for that, but the exercise does help. 8 mile runs have been the order of the day for as long as i can remember, with press ups and other fun things (my "pti" is a mate who plays for Northampton Saints 2nd team...).

BUT, bizarrely, working in a garden is a lot better for me - lots of walking, lifting, chopping, squats etc.

Which pans out to be fit and mean, yet also a dab hand at giving lovely 20 year old uni students houses rockeries... :D
Rocky beat the invincible Ivan Drago using the same techniques. And ended communism.

It's not true at all, I love being an overweight smoke. Itake enormous pride in the self-induced pressure when doing PT. It makes me feel I'm earning my money while you racing snakes are coasting through life.

RRR

I think getting fit is the best thing I've done in ages (getting fit in time for joining up). but I rekon the biggest advantage is faster hangover recoveries!

ugly

LE
SunrayOneZero said:
CharleyP said:
.... but I rekon the biggest advantage is faster hangover recoveries!
....And the getting pissed for less!
Must be something in that since I gave up all attempts at fitness beyond the need to get to work, admittedly nearly 20 years after leaving, my alcohol tolerance level has risen and getting minging costs a lot more than before even if you work it out in drinks as opposed to cash!