Benefits in the Army

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by stedian, May 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who else in in the armed forces for the benefits that it provides.After answering other posts i am curious how many more are in it for what they can get.I know a lot of people will slate this and some will even pretend that they are not in the forces for the benefits when they are.

1.Boarding school allowance i get 90% paid so that a big part of wages if i ever left.

2.Cheap housing plus the benefit of renting your own house out let someone else pay for it.

3.Abroad cheap fuel/drink and cars :)

4.Apart from tour working 9-5 with nearly every weekend off.

5.Plus also a really easy job money for old rope.

What more can i say.I know that a lot of people are in the forces for diffrent reason but i am not one of them to me its a JOB and thats all if it wasnt in my best intrests financially then i would leave at the drop of a hat.The tradition and mess etc is just something you have to put up with.So anyone else out there in it for themselves????????

2. Obviously not a team player. Glad you're not on my mine.
    Have you heard that New Liebour are looking for someone to replace the self-serving bustard who's just handed in his notice? Probably suit you a treat.

3. Not sure on the exact details so ill start with the rumours and then maybe you'll get out!!
    1. BSA is changing

2. MOD are increasing housing charges to encourage soldiers to buy houses.

3. I agree but again slowly but surely overseas postings are being reduced.

4 and 5. Job specific and to benefit in that way you must work in the NAAFI...tosser

4. 1.BSA isnt changing that much if you already hasve kids in boarding school.

2.Quarters charge still cheaper than civvy street by time i get out hopefully 2 houses paid for by tenants.

3.Overseas always gonna be some.

4.You cant be goofd at your job if you dont find it easy tosser.

5. 1.BSA isnt changing that much if you already hasve kids in boarding school.

2.Quarters charge still cheaper than civvy street by time i get out hopefully 2 houses paid for by tenants.

3.Overseas always gonna be some.

4.You cant be goofd at your job if you dont find it easy tosser.

6. You truely are a tech.

Fcuk off back to your workshop.

Knob.

7. He strikes me as a craphat serving in a tri-service unit. Somewhere hot with a holiday like feel about it.

8. Could soeone strike him off the face of the earth please.(stedian)

If not, at least ARRSE.

Please?

9. Stedian, going by your spelling and the fact that you think your job is easy, i reckon you're a storeman. I also bet you're not trusted with more extravagant tasks like signing out rations or mess tins, instead you have to count everything. Still at least they've given you an abacus to help you with that!

10. I am not in for the benifits, however they do help to keep me in.

By the way Stedian you are a CNUT.

11. I cannot beleive that so many people are saying that they are not in the Forces for the Benefits.Really if they lost all of these then i bet most of you would leave.I know i would.

I joined the army and stay in it as it suits me if i suddenly found a better oppertunity then i would take it.As i have said before the army is just another job.

And i wish a was a storeman thats even easier.

And one last thought to leave you with:
    GET RID OF THE MESS :D

12. I've gotr your measure Stedian, you just like to be different. Or perhaps just a stroppy git.

13. FECKIN NUGGET!

14. Back to the thread....

If you need a day off you dont normally have to put a leave app in.
    Early knock off's
    Great bunch of blokes who really know how to have a laugh and do a days work.
    Friendship with collegues - dont get that in a civ job.

Trust me - you'll miss it when your out!