Benefit payments to exceed income tax receipts

stabradop said:
Does depend, you are supposed to contact jobseeker direct at least once a week or go into the jobcentre and use their job points
Do you find they actually work? I used them a few times when I first left and literally every (of what must have been about 50) positions I phoned about had already gone. I put it down to number-fiddling and made a mental note to use an employment agency next time around.

yes its easy not to get employed just vote labour, I was on jobseekers and was called in after 13 weeks for a why the hell are you still unemployed interview, I told them that after talking to a friend, there was a course I could do to get a long term job with british gas they coundnt have been less interested,

all the bint said was if an other job comes in you will have to leave the course, like sh*t so if say, a cleaning job comes in for say basic wage and it isnt even long term they expect me to give up a course that will lead to a good job with company van, better money, and long term prospects, sorry but im not looking to help labours short term fiqures like she wants, I'll do best for me thanks very much and if that means ive got to swing the lead a bit to do what i want then so be it.

S

stabradop

DMSDAVE said:
By the way, Stab, i tried the care assistant route ,once,out of sheer desperation. A bloody hard job for little money. I didn't make a career out of it,needless to say! :D
I have seen a few advertised near me, as you say hard/crap job for sweet FA, and as said before not anywhere near my skill (such as it is) set

S

stabradop

DeltaDog said:
stabradop said:
Does depend, you are supposed to contact jobseeker direct at least once a week or go into the jobcentre and use their job points
Do you find they actually work? I used them a few times when I first left and literally every (of what must have been about 50) positions I phoned about had already gone. I put it down to number-fiddling and made a mental note to use an employment agency next time around.
I usually use their website to find a job then ring up the number to get it registered on my jobsearch. I forgot to ring them one week (when we had all the snow) and some evil bint stopped 2 weeks money. Double pain cos all the money I had been saving since the previous April had to go on bills (I had been saving to get a scooter - mum got me a second hand one on ebay but needed a couple of bits doing)

I found that with the 25 recruitment agencies I am with all they do is want you on their books. I pick 6-7 per week to ring up and I still get the same old fob off.

S

stabradop

Right, I am off to this lovely course now - full day today then 3 hrs per week for the next 12 weeks- I wonder what delights await me. Will report back later as to whether this is a complete or partial waste of energy :)