Benefit Cuts

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Jacques_Bustard, Feb 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's been lots of hot air in Westminster today aboutthe proposed capping of families benefits at £26k per year. Until today I'dfelt rather sorry for the unemployed and disabled etc, at least I did untilread this article on the BBC News website:-

The mother appears incapable of work and the father hasn't worked since 2001.They get £30k per year in state benefits of which they spend (by mycalculations based on the article):-

£2600 per year on mobile phones and Sky TV
    £1664 per year on booze
    £4387 per year on fags and rolling tobacco

That's a total of £8651 per year on non-essential (luxury?) items and they havethe nerve to moan about the £4k cut in benefits coming their way. I'd doublethat and threaten further cuts if the adults don't find paid employment. Thefather states "I see 8 people here having to choose between eating orheating". Funny that 'cos I see a self deluded free loading tosser.

2. I didn't write this, but it's bloody appropriate!

Drugs Test (This was written by British Soldier- What he says makes a lot of sense!) I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay , I train for war and eventually deploy. I am required to pass a random urine test… for drugs, with which I have no problem. ... What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to EARN IT for them? Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse drinking beer and smoking dope. Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque? Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete it if you don't. Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK!!!

The benefits system!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. No it's not, it's a gay Facebook status copy and paste that cunts put on there because they're wankers.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. its just a shame that more wasnt done to promote the problem's before they went for a vote, tbh i do think the cuts (which i broadly speaking agree with) are going ot adversly affect the genuine cases (because there not as efficient at scrounging up extra's out of the system) but the sad truth of the matter is that out of the 250k famillies who will loose out maybe 10 of them are actually going ot genuinely end up in true hardship, the remainder are just going ot have ot learn brand names arnt a right there something people wiht jobs get to buy, they are on welfare and should stick to the cheap stuff like sensible unbranded clothes.... value range basic food ingrediants, learn to cook properly and of course hopefully it will encourege them to support there own families for the first time (in many cases ever) sadley though many of the scrounging wasters will still manage just fine even under the new system as they will still be raking in more than they could earn ......
  5. @ #3........Methinks he doth protest too much!!
  6. Perhaps the most stupid post ever. Read what he wrote and then have a think if your "achingly clever" reply actually makes any sense.
  7. £30k a year is the net, annual take home pay of someone on a ~£41k salary. More than the average London nurse or teacher. Absolutely untenable.

To put it another way, the annual income tax bill for someone earning the median wage (around £20k) is £2500 so it takes 12 people working all year long, paying all of their taxes to pay this family's benefits. Does anyone seriously believe this is a sustainable situation?
    • Like Like x 2

8. with cunts like fred the shred to foot the bill on there outragours pension yes it fucking is, his tax bill alone would fund 5 such families, and lets not forget here that pretty much every penny a welfare state survivor gets is paid to keep the country running, if there really serious about restarting uk economy the next step will be forcing farmers to grow the food nativley instead of buying billions of pounds worth from abroad, afterall its not like were actually selling enough to cover it as a nation.

oh and they could actualy collect the taxes owed (aparently almost 2 bill in unpaid higherarner and corporation bills over the last 5 years), its not as if they dont have hte power at hmrc to rip someone's accounts ot shreds for the previous 25 years on demand (hence why buisness are supposed ot store the records for that long) and uncover any missed taxation complete with criminal proceedings etc.

hopefully they just wont bawls up the implimentation of this realignment of the national understanding, i would hope ot hear that a person who has an income of over 10k a year is treated to getting slightly more than the 26k cap as a household income (that is to say they get topped up to say having an income of 28k a year so there a few quid a week better off in work than out of it) i havent read exactly what the details are on this amended version today so i'm not entirley sure but hopefully it does what they said all along which is in work = better than not in work (this doent mean increasing the ammount of benefits paid but just topping there earned income up to a slightly higher level than the pure handout cases, which if someone was earning over 2k a year (how could they not be) its still a relative cut in overall expenses
  9. The main failing of the system is not that benefits are too high, but that wages are too low to provide any reasonable incentive to get a job. That's a Capitalist economy for you. If they increased wages to a level at which folks could comfortably survive, then it would certainly mean that profits for shareholders are slightly down, but on the other hand it would fuel demand - the lack of which is the basic problem in the current crisis. After all, if we really are "all in this together", as Call-Me-Dave never tires of emphasising, then the lower dividends paid out should be part of the package. In addition, they could force the utility companies to cap their prices so that maybe fewer pensioners die of cold this winter. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The last line what you say Kalle is very true. I was listening to a documentary on Radio 4 about the power industry they certainly can govern the prices we pay by cleverly marginalising the price to make them competeive but not by very much - you can still find it on BBC I player and it a very interesting listen and I can recommend it. (yes I am swallowing pride and not ignoring MsG you as I am not that much of cunt as some people may percieve me as)

Edited to add I cannot put the link on here because of DII....
  11. The effective tax rate on gas from the South Morecambe field is 81%. The state takes up to half of the income of the people involved in extracting the gas and delivering it to your home and demands 13.8% in Employer's NI on top. Then after all of that it takes 20% of the price of your gas, then it takes 28% of the profit BG makes then it takes up to 37.5% of whatever they pay out in dividends. The Government makes much more out of natural gas industry than the natural gas industry does.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Well there is electricty as well not just gas..... I am under no doubt that the utilities are in cahoots with the government moreso than what we are being told. Judging by the past history of our political masters. And I also beg the question, how many of politicans are Non executive board of directors........???? I trust ultility directors as much as bankers..... same fish just a different way of being cooked.
  13. No benefits are too high, wages are a separate issue.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. I'm all for the benefits cap, and I'm really hoping that it will open up a few of the scroungers eyes, make them suffer a bit of hardship, surely thats what being on benefits is all about.

I understand that there are many genuine cases and I feel that they should be supported untill they can sort their shit out, but, too often we see a cycle of benefit parents bringing up benefit children who in turn train the next generation of loafing scroungers. They have gotten the mindset now that it is their right to be supported while they cut about in their designer kit, with their iphones and fags and booze.

Be good to see them have to give up their luxuries and just scrape by for a bit, be honest how many ex forces guys and girls here had to scrimp and save to make it through a month when you were in or indeed even now. We've all been there. Honestly 26k a year, thats a pretty healthy wage for just signing on.

Maybe they can use a bit of the cash they save to investigate more benfit recievers to find the scammers, and when you see people like the occupy protesters any of them on benefits should be binned for taking the piss, etc etc.
  15. I am not keen on people having to suffer hardship (unless it stimulates them into getting a job), but I am very much in favour of people having to suffer reality, same as me and countless others who work for a living.
    • Like Like x 2