Bend over Britain....

....you're in for another butt fcuking.....

Farage attacks 'disastrous' fishing policy
Wednesday, 21 November 2007

At a time when the government is pleading with the EU over cod quotas, the UK Independence Party has drawn attention to the fact that French fisherman are allowed to catch more than 10 times as much as British fishermen in the English Channel.

The EU grants France almost 79% of the Total Allowable Catch of Cod in the Channel, while British fishermen are left to fight over a mere 7%.

The crazy rules mean that British fishermen are forced to throw back almost a million tonnes of dead fish, mainly cod, every year.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage MEP said that at the same time as our fish stocks were being massively depleted, the British fishing industry was being savaged, with more than a quarter of British fishermen leaving the industry in the last 10 years.

Mr Farage, who has been a member of the European Parliament fisheries committee for the past seven years, called the situation "an environmental and economic disaster".

He said: "The government and environmentalists are arguing over the size of the British cod quotas, yet French ships are in the English Channel happily catching over 10 times the British allowance.

"We are talking about British territorial waters where our own fishermen are forbidden from catching cod, while the French boats can haul in hundreds of tonnes a time.

"Where is the sense in throwing dead fish back into the water? The fish are already dead. Why don't we just bring them back and turn them into fertiliser or pet food? Better still, give them away to hospitals, schools and old people’s homes. As the old English proverb says, better a small fish than an empty dish.”

Mr Farage said there had been a deafening silence from David Cameron, who not long ago had been talking about leaving the Common Fisheries Policy until it had been gently pointed out to him that this would mean leaving the EU altogether.

"In Genesis, it says that man should have 'dominion over the fish of the sea' but in 2007, it's apparently the European Commission,” Mr Farage added.

“We could just ignore these ridiculous rules.”
Farage attacks 'disastrous' fishing policy

Why do we continuously allow the EU to screw us....what do they actually offer us?

RANT ON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

Old English proverb? It is a fecking chinese proverb...

I couldn't live further fro the sea if I tried...
but I have great sympathy for our fishing fleet
we were screwed years ago..
and I certainly didn't vote for it!!

I think that politically the UK likes taking a good rogering up the old starfish as a reminder of how easy it is to roll over and play dead for anyone who wants to have a go at us.

We seem to have developed a lack of political spine recently, unless Broon develops one in the next few hours we won't change.

fastmedic

The crazy rules mean that British fishermen are forced to throw back almost a million tonnes of dead fish, mainly cod, every year.
Surely this cannot be right. What a fecking disgrace, when we are having to pay through the nose for Cod, because it is being overfished.

MB

fastmedic said:
I think that politically the UK likes taking a good rogering up the old starfish as a reminder of how easy it is to roll over and play dead for anyone who wants to have a go at us.

We seem to have developed a lack of political spine recently, unless Broon develops one in the next few hours we won't change.

fastmedic
and, apparently, we pay £1,800,000 an hour, to the EU, for the pleasure.

These f*cking French c*nts are at it again. Not content with us saving their country in two world wars, they shove it up us over our fish. Last i looked, it was called the English Channel. What the f*ck have we got a Navy for? Surely they could do with the gunnery practice? We could then chuck some dead frogs into the water. W*nkers.

chemystery said:
fastmedic said:

fastmedic
and, apparently, we pay £1,800,000 an hour, to the EU, for the pleasure.
We all should be smiling........we have been screwed!!

fastmedic

I think it's a good deal really. They get our all fish and most of our VAT money, in return we get to man the only useful part of their army and they send us all their asylum seekers.

Fair enough I'd say!

They cook our fish with nuclear power before shoving it into their garlic packed gullets, they sell us some of the power as well, then send us all the nuclear waste, another example of Europe working together.

It's only fair after all.

UKIP Monkey said:
"In Genesis, it says that man should have 'dominion over the fish of the sea' but in 2007, it's apparently the European Commission,” Mr Farage added.
So the EU commission aren't human then? What an utterly disingenuous quote from a party of muppets.

As for the fish thing until we sort out a sustainable method of fishing we won't have any of the blighters left for us to fight over!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Was that a Spaniard or a Frenchman underneath?

Rumour has it that we are actually being spit-roasted by both the French and the Spaniards, or for want of a better description, considering it is fish we are talking about - smoked.

The cod fishery has recovered a gnats over the last year or so. The problem is the sub-30 metre inshore vessels can't avoid the bleddy cod getting in the nets, and as they have no quota, the dead fish get lobbed.

No-one mentions the fact that one of the contributory factors to the North Sea turning into a fish free zone are the 'Sand Eel' fisheries, that systematically hoover the seabed clean of anything small and fishy - including juvenile cod. (Note these vessels are not based in UK).

The French/Spanish have had a history, obviously all in the past as we're all EU chums now, of hoicking out anything with fins as it'd still sell well at home. The Brits on the other hand have for years avoided anything except cod, haddock, plaice etc. Anyone remember the last time they saw rock salmon in the chippy?? It's only been recently that we would dream of eating half of the stuff that our continental chums do. So we have always discarded the 'odd' stuff, where as the other lot will take and sell the lot. In an ideal world, mesh sizes would be set (and enforced - do we still have any Fishery Protection Vessels at sea?) to avoid juveniles, and anything that was caught would be sellable on land.

However, that would mean that the supermarkets would be denied a guaranteed supply of regular sized cod/haddock fillets suitable for coating in crap and sold to the convenience food generation. Horror!

Hang on a second, this is in the Naafi... Ignore my last. Now...

SINK THE FRENCH! (If there any spare ships) If not, INVADE! (Spare troops? Ah) BOYCOTT DIJON MUSTARD AND BORDEAUX! That'll learn 'em.

Civvy_Shot said:
The cod fishery has recovered a gnats over the last year or so. The problem is the sub-30 metre inshore vessels can't avoid the bleddy cod getting in the nets, and as they have no quota, the dead fish get lobbed.

No-one mentions the fact that one of the contributory factors to the North Sea turning into a fish free zone are the 'Sand Eel' fisheries, that systematically hoover the seabed clean of anything small and fishy - including juvenile cod. (Note these vessels are not based in UK).

The French/Spanish have had a history, obviously all in the past as we're all EU chums now, of hoicking out anything with fins as it'd still sell well at home. The Brits on the other hand have for years avoided anything except cod, haddock, plaice etc. Anyone remember the last time they saw rock salmon in the chippy?? It's only been recently that we would dream of eating half of the stuff that our continental chums do. So we have always discarded the 'odd' stuff, where as the other lot will take and sell the lot. In an ideal world, mesh sizes would be set (and enforced - do we still have any Fishery Protection Vessels at sea?) to avoid juveniles, and anything that was caught would be sellable on land.

However, that would mean that the supermarkets would be denied a guaranteed supply of regular sized cod/haddock fillets suitable for coating in crap and sold to the convenience food generation. Horror!

Hang on a second, this is in the Naafi... Ignore my last. Now...

SINK THE FRENCH! (If there any spare ships) If not, INVADE! (Spare troops? Ah) BOYCOTT DIJON MUSTARD AND BORDEAUX! That'll learn 'em.
I was thinking it was a bit to sensible......

I reckon our lads go and fish just of the coast of Calais....see how the French fcukers like it...they'd probably go on strike....barracade the tunnels and set fire to sheep....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A The NAAFI Bar 3
the_guru The Intelligence Cell 68
the_guru The NAAFI Bar 1