Ben Slater of Nomad Concept Groups and evac of Afghan civvies effort, another Pen Farthing bandwagon jumper?

This is an interesting one, mow we have an ex-monkey banging on about relocation efforts for 400 non-eligible Afghanis, I like the part where he himself claimed he didn't get a visa to get out, surely as a UK national he wouldn't require one, seem's Sky News will report anything

An ex-RMP plod is upset a company he runs based in Kabul, well his staff didn't get visas approved

I'm guessing he doesn't understand the part about the criteria to meet to get one issued under the ARAP scheme the same way Pen Parthing didn't understand his staff weren't eligible... because they were never employees of the UK gov or worked with coalition forces... I could be wrong but that's the most basic points to meet? Note the part in the article where he is insisting all his staff were entitled to a visa, don't know whether ARAB however.

A bit about him, Nomad Concepts Group Ltd is a company dissolved in 21 January 2020 and started in 4 November 2014 by a SLATER, Benjamin Robert, never really filed anything much in the way of any accounts ever and was struck off eventually so really the company is nothing to do with the UK anyway, must be something he's doing privately in Kabul, like Pen Farthing...

See below

"A former British soldier has launched a plan to save 400 Afghan nationals and has called on the government to "make a decision" after claiming he was left stranded in the country when his visa failed to be approved.

Ben Slater has travelled hundreds of miles in a bid to lead an escape effort out of Afghanistan after claiming the Foreign Office failed to approve visas for the evacuation of himself and his staff from Kabul airport.

The 37-year-old, who runs his business, Nomad Concepts Group, from the country's capital, told Sky News that he has already got 67 people out of the country."

"He told Sky News' international affairs editor Dominic Waghorn his business "completely collapsed" after the Taliban takeover and he turned his attention to helping people escape.

He said: "We were obviously helping a lot of people evacuate, we managed to get 67 people out through requests because we were in the country, and then obviously we changed our decision to evacuate our own vulnerable staff, who were mainly women working in the sectors that are not too popular with the new regime."

"After helping others to flee, he asked officials to organise the evacuation of himself and his staff but he says no visas were given to the group, despite claiming all of his staff are entitled to one.

He has since launched his own operation to save 400 Afghan nationals, including himself and his employees, saying people are now "desperate" to escape.

Mr Slater (pictured), who runs Nomad Concept Group in Kabul, said he and his staff are at risk of retribution from the Taliban and that they had all been let down by the UK Government

47304793-9941741-image-m-122_1630370920794.jpg

TELEMMGLPICT000269263651_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqKaeGSnYJVl9ozILKiS1YfqfCNFTvn9r4UWbXJXIDnV8.jpg

He’s accepted his situation and cracked on with plan B. The visa/foreign office comment appears to be angst inducing reporting.

“Can I have s visa for the 60 odd people”

”No, i’m sorry, they’re not entitle”

”OK, thanks, I’ll have to find another way”.

it’s far better than shouty farthing.

37? That’s a hard paper round.

He’s accepted his situation and cracked on with plan B. The visa/foreign office comment appears to be angst inducing reporting.

Well actually he's doing the same thing and bleating about it across FB, Sky News, local US outlets included these two here and here so stirring a media pot as he goes expecting someone to come to the rescue

Here we go, the referances to the photos of himself in civvie clothing were supplied by HIMSELF to the US outlets so it seems he is attempting to draw on the attention of the valour loving US of A media storm

Well actually he's doing the same thing and bleating about it across FB, Sky News, local US outlets included these two here and here so stirring a media pot as he goes expecting someone to come to the rescue

I’ve not seen anything else apart from what you’ve posted here.

RaiderBoat

War Hero
Another epically arrogant ex something or other.
Stay with your own kind. No one needs you or wants to bail you out or risk lives. Being such a trained individual, it seems telling you couldn’t figure out what was happening in time…

Another epically arrogant ex something or other.
Stay with your own kind. No one needs you or wants to bail you out or risk lives. Being such a trained individual, it seems telling you couldn’t figure out what was happening in time…
Well he was close protection... surely he's important...

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm guessing he doesn't understand the part about the criteria to meet to get one issued under the ARAP scheme the same way Pen Parthing didn't understand his staff weren't eligible... because they were never employees of the UK gov or worked with coalition forces... I could be wrong but that's the most basic points to meet? Note the part in the article where he is insisting all his staff were entitled to a visa, don't know whether ARAB however.

except ALL the Nowzad staff were eligible, Minister said so.
As well as ARAP, you can qualify under under ‘especially vulnerable’ with women and Girls prioritised.

WhiskeyTango

Old-Salt
I think it's quite easy to get pissed off about these stories. In particular, the fact that he's trying to get non-elligible people out winds people up because the rules were pretty clear. However, I do have a few points to try and balance the argument.

1. The Afghan nationals were complicit in working for a perceived as Western company with an ex army boss. They have effectively nailed their flag to the west, regardless of if it was government official or not. This could make them a target, and they would therefore be entitled to seek asylum in the west somewhere.

2. The chap in charge of this organisation is probably stressed to **** and his conduct will reflect this. Particularly if he feels responsible for the Afghan nationals or their situation.

3. Pen Farthing has demonstrated that twitter threats work. Therefore, a legitimate COA is now acting up on the Internet, if you are prepared to lose face with former military colleagues you'll never see again.

4. The fact he didn't just **** off on the first flight indicates he's probably at least a half decent bloke, even if his planning isn't all there.

chimera

LE
I think if I was about to commence a mega E&E operation with 400 people overland to the Aghan border I might not think it wise to publicise it all over the internet, accompanied by pictures of myself in various gun toting poses/chest rig/Union Jack TRFs etc. But then he is apparently an ex monkey so I guess not the sharpest tool in the box.

Ben Slater was an instructor on a course I did, and although we didn't interact much he seemed like a decent bloke.

I have several friends who know him and rate him highly.

I just don’t see him as being especially arsey. HMG would be wise to speak to people like him in theatre and assist as much as possible. It meets their stated aims and is good optics.

Ben Slater was an instructor on a course I did, and although we didn't interact much he seemed like a decent bloke.

I have several friends who know him and rate him highly.
I'm sure Pen Farthing was a decent bloke to the people who met him... than we have another guy whom is advertising long arse walk similar akin to Moses crossing the red sea and leading them to refuge in another country...

Being bored I also noted he has non-existant prescence online so I think he's a Pen-Farthing walt

Latest Threads