Ben Roberts-Smith VC Defamation Trial

Roberts-Smith witnesses: KKK outfit 'funny'

And the winner of the SASR 2009 fancy dress party in the Fat Ladies Arms is Person 35 with his homemade Klu Klux Klan outfit. Quite an artist too it seems with his drawing's of 'winged penis.'

"Were you reprimanded?" Mr Owens asked.

"No I was not, I actually won the fancy dress competition," Person 35 said.

Brilliant.

Just highlights the difference in Squaddie humour and the vast majority of humour / personality / reality bypass victims that frequent the legal profession.

Soooooooooooooo

Roberts-Smith says there was no people in the tunnel

Person 5 says there were no people in the tunnel and tasked Person 35 to clear the tunnel

Person 35 testifies that he was tasked to clear the tunnel and no persons were in the tunnel.

There were no people in the tunnel at Whiskey 108, a former SAS soldier has told the federal court, backing Ben Roberts-Smith’s version of events of a fiercely contested Australian military mission in Afghanistan.

Why do I believe that they are telling the truth.

For the simple reason that many have previously testified that there were weapons found in the tunnel. they would not have came out of that tunnel alive, had weapons and people been found together in the tunnel.

Ben Roberts-Smith trial: Witness in trial arrested and charged.

It appears that Person 5, the ex SBS booty lamped a couple of Aust plod when they tried to seize his phone.
It turns out it was no more than a shove. Common Assault at the most. What they expected to find on his mobile phone anyway. Pictures of Afghan's he had shot over 10 years or more ago? AFP appear to be getting desperate and resorting to Stasi type tactics. Justifying all that tax payers money.

An SAS witness arrested after testifying for Ben Roberts-Smith was charged with “harming” an officer - now court documents reveal that he allegedly ”tensed up” and ”shoved” a cop when they tried to get his phone.
Court documents seen by The Daily Telegraph reveal Australian Federal Police attended The Marriott Hotel on Sydney‘s Pitt Street late on April 26 to execute a warrant against one of Mr Roberts-Smith’s former SAS squadmates.

The officers were waiting on the soldier‘s floor and approached him just after 11pm, according to the court documents.

Police, in the documents, allege the ex-special forces soldier appeared “intoxicated” and acted in a ”belligerent, unreasonable and aggressive manner”.

The court documents state the SAS veteran, known as Person X, tried to enter the lift to leave the hotel and refused to hand over his phone but police tried to stop him.

“When prevented from entering the lift, to prevent the destruction of evidence being the mobile phone ... the accused tensed up, clenched his fist and shoved police to the body,” police allege in the documents.

The documents do not reveal why police suspected Person X would destroy his phone.

Person X was arrested and charged with resisting police and harming an officer - the court documents allege the shove was the assault.

Person X spent the night in custody before finally managing to contact his lawyer on Wednesday morning.

Police feared one of Ben Roberts-Smith’s SAS witnesses in his defamation case was going to destroy evidence on his phone when they confronted him with a search warrant in a city hotel late on Tuesday night.

The former soldier, who hours earlier had finished giving evidence to the defamation trial, appeared “intoxicated, acting in a belligerent, unreasonable and aggressive manner”, court documents say.

I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to execute a search warrant at 2300.

Surely the sensible course of action would have been to execute the warrant at the Court, where his location was known and he could reasonably be expected to be not intoxicated.

It turns out it was no more than a shove. Common Assault at the most. What they expected to find on his mobile phone anyway. Pictures of Afghan's he had shot over 10 years or more ago? AFP appear to be getting desperate and resorting to Stasi type tactics. Justifying all that tax payers money.

Our posts crossed.

The beginning of a dirty tactics campaign ?

I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to execute a search warrant at 2300.

Surely the sensible course of action would have been to execute the warrant at the Court, where his location was known and he could reasonably be expected to be not intoxicated.
The former soldier was allowed to fly out of Australia to another country where he lives, with conditions placed on where he is to reside.

So they allowed him to fly back to the USA where he lives with conditions placed on where he is to reside? How will they enforce that if he is in the UK. Assuming that he is British and not an Australian who joined the Royal Marines he has no reson to go back to Australia, abeit he will lose his $A10,000 bail money.

The former soldier was allowed to fly out of Australia to another country where he lives, with conditions placed on where he is to reside.

The whole episode is a farce.

Did they really think that he would fly into Aus from the US with a mobile phone containing incriminating evidence - Especially given the reason that he was flying into Aus.

I am thinking along the lines that if Robert-Smith wins this defamation case, the 4 year Brereton Inquiry is thrown up in the air.

That would become very interesting.

An SAS witness arrested after testifying for Ben Roberts-Smith was charged with “harming” an officer - now court documents reveal that he allegedly ”tensed up” and ”shoved” a cop when they tried to get his phone.
Court documents seen by The Daily Telegraph reveal Australian Federal Police attended The Marriott Hotel on Sydney‘s Pitt Street late on April 26 to execute a warrant against one of Mr Roberts-Smith’s former SAS squadmates.

The officers were waiting on the soldier‘s floor and approached him just after 11pm, according to the court documents.

Police, in the documents, allege the ex-special forces soldier appeared “intoxicated” and acted in a ”belligerent, unreasonable and aggressive manner”.

The court documents state the SAS veteran, known as Person X, tried to enter the lift to leave the hotel and refused to hand over his phone but police tried to stop him.

“When prevented from entering the lift, to prevent the destruction of evidence being the mobile phone ... the accused tensed up, clenched his fist and shoved police to the body,” police allege in the documents.

The documents do not reveal why police suspected Person X would destroy his phone.

Person X was arrested and charged with resisting police and harming an officer - the court documents allege the shove was the assault.

Person X spent the night in custody before finally managing to contact his lawyer on Wednesday morning.
Sounds like a set up to me.

Person 27 - Still serving

An SAS soldier has told a court he saw no fighting-age-males in a Taliban compound where Ben Roberts-Smith is accused of killing two men.

The soldier said he had seen Afghan women inside the compound - a claim that some soldiers have also made, and others have denied.

Some years later, Person 27 said, he heard rumours that people had been shot at Whiskey 108.

Bizzare twist in Ben Roberts-Smith war crimes defamation trial.

Person 27 still in the box. We are on the events of 2012 now and its all about 'who shot the dog' and the identity of pudgy Afghans.

Indeed

The person who is referred to as Person 12 appears to be a bit of an enigma

Even Nine's legal team got it wrong regarding Person 12 - # 609 refers.

Local nicknames being confused with real names perhaps ?

As Mr Moses said back at the start of April

Mr Roberts-Smith’s barrister, Arthur Moses SC, told the court he was concerned Nine was attempting to “prejudice the court and the public”.

“There are serious issues about who Person 12 is, they can’t even get it right about who Person 12 is,” he told the court.

Person 29 - A still serving WO and the man who discovered the tunnel.

The soldier who discovered the infamous tunnel in Whiskey 108 says there were no fighting-aged males hiding inside

Person 29 said after he discovered the tunnel, Roberts-Smith’s offer to climb inside it was rejected because he was too tall. A smaller Australian soldier, Person 35, was sent down the tunnel to clear it. He removed his body armour and drew his pistol to crawl into the tiny space. It took about “30 seconds” to clear the tunnel

Balance of probabilities - If there were men in the tunnel along with an arms cache, they would not have come out of the tunnel alive.

Person 100 - Ex RSM SASR and still a serving Major.

Person 100 recalled in 2013, when he was a regimental sergeant major, four sergeants attended his office for a meeting.

Person 100 recalled Person 7 informing him of a belief Mr Roberts-Smith wasn't a "fit and proper person" to be awarded the Victoria Cross, that he had bullied himself and others, and that he had claimed the actions of other soldiers on the battlefield as his own.

Person 100 said the group stated they wanted Mr Roberts-Smith's Victoria Cross rescinded.

Surely if you wanted his VC rescinded then that would have been the time to drop the '' War Crimes '' bomb - And yet

He said the meeting involved "no hint" of any breach of the rules of engagement.

In a follow up meeting with 4 Corporals

Person 100 said nobody raised any allegation Mr Roberts-Smith had broken the rules of engagement at this meeting.

Have all these '' War Crimes '' been invented by the '' Bullied '' Persons 1 & 7 to get Roberts-Smith ?

It is rather odd that Person 1 was told to submit his bullying claim in writing and it would be investigated, but did not do so.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Why do I believe that they are telling the truth.

For the simple reason that many have previously testified that there were weapons found in the tunnel. they would not have came out of that tunnel alive, had weapons and people been found together in the tunnel.
Bad assumption.

I know several guys who went tunnel rat (one on his own, got a major medal for it) against an aware enemy defending the tunnel. All survived, enemy dead. It is not ideal; but a tunnel fight is essentially a more linear compound clearance, and as should be apparent by now, SF in Iraq and Afghanistan quickly became the world experts in compound clearances. Technically speaking, a tunnel is an easier and more survivable clearance problem than either stairs or a large, complex, furnished room. It's just a corridor with randomly distributed entry/exit points. A corridor is a relatively easy clearance problem.

The kariz systems in Afghanistan weren't WW1 or Vietnam era underground housing and protection complexes which would have been more difficult to clear, they were just a series of open tunnels with water in them. Clearance drills + NVGs give a trained assaulter(s) a good chance even against an aware enemy.

Bad assumption.

I know several guys who went tunnel rat (one on his own, got a major medal for it) against an aware enemy defending the tunnel. All survived, enemy dead.

I think you misread my comment.

I said / meant the 2 x Taliban would not have come out the tunnel alive given that they were ( allegedly ) in the tunnel with a cache of Arms.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
I love the Guardian's po-faced 'fact checking' in this article:

“When society crumbles, it will be thanks to him and people like him thinking we all live on ******* Sesame Street and everyone adhering to their putrid way of thinking. Like my boy, Rorschach said, the accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists, and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, ‘save us’ and I’ll whisper, ‘no’.”

Hermann Rorschach, the Swiss psychoanalyst, did not say those words. The quotes are from a fictional antihero character of the same name in the comic book series and film Watchmen.

Oh really! Thank you ever so much the Guardian, I would have assumed that it was the Swiss psychoanalyst talking about the whores and politicans and all their sex and murder. What ever would I do without you there to offer corrections to direct quotes you include in your articles.

Other Guardian fact-checking scoops:

'Jimmy Saville: "I don't do anything"'
In fact, Saville did do some things.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think you misread my comment.

I said / meant the 2 x Taliban would not have come out the tunnel alive given that they were ( allegedly ) in the tunnel with a cache of Arms.
Roger, although in my defence, it was quite unclear.

Latest Threads