Ben Parkinson MBE

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Dec 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

With all the work he does for forces charities like Pilgrim Bandits,a very well deserved award...I hope when he meets Her Madge to collect it,all the klingons & 'luvvies' who are there collecting theirs realise that,unlike them,he earnt his the hard way!

• Like Like x 8
  2. His mum deserves it as well.
    • Like Like x 13
  3. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Absolutely the best news I have heard in a long time. An honour thoroughly deserved.

I tried to get an application for an honour for him a while back but someone had already applied.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I remember the day he was blown up. I was in a WMIK behind his. I sent photos I took of the event as we couldn't do anything else in a minefield, to Diane, his stepmum.

Since that day, he has worked tirelessly in the aid of charity. If this is a confirmed award, it is thoroughly deserved!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 6
  5. I strongly suspect that HM the Q knows the exact worth of all of those persons put before her by the Government of the day.
  6. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356744735.850505.jpg
    God bless that young man and others damaged by politicians.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Amazing, his drive and determination towards his own personal recovery alone deserves a medal and as I'm personally told is a lovely lad to boot. Indomitable, and the embodiment of the word 'Ubique'!
  8. I see Margaret Beckett is made a Dame and Cherie Blair is to be a CBE. FFS might be a more suitable post nominal for that pair.
    • Like Like x 7
  9. Might be better for a separate thread old chap
    • Like Like x 3
  10. I think he has single-handedly restored my faith in human decency. Very well deserved.
  11. Bloody good effort and well deserved
  12. I love the guy, despite his being a para. As I live in the Yorkshire TV reception area I see quite a lot of him. He is an inspiration who moves me to tears from time to time.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I had the honour of meeting Ben, his Mum and Step Dad when they supported a RBL function I organised back in September. Not a bad bloke for a Gunner. ;-) The image of him carrying the Olympic Torch will live long in the memory. :)