Ben Mullany - Antigua honeymoon shooting

Just thought I'd put a post on here as it hasn't been mentioned in the media, regarding the shooting of the young Welsh couple on their honeymoon in Antigua.

Ben is an ex Royal Engineer and I had the pleasure of serving with him in the mid 90's, we were both in the same troop, a cracking bloke but things are not looking to good for him at the moment.

Lets just hope that he gets better soon and can make his way home to Wales.

sapper spirirt should pull him through then.

lets hope so.

A dreadful situation indeed. My thoughts are with the families, and hopefully he will pull through this.

I don't believe I ever met him, does anyone know when and where he served?

Hopefully he will pull through.

RIP. Condolances to family and friends.

Tragic. Two lives distroyed by a worthless piece of garbage. I hope the scumbag who pulled the trigger is "shot while trying to resist arrest/escape".

DillonFlatBack said:
Ben died this afternoon in hospital after brain stem tests.

RIP fella.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7539346.stm
Without wanting to sound callous that was probably the best outcome for the poor bloke. I'd not want to come round and find out my life was destroyed like that. A crying shame.

RIp god bless the poor bugger, reunited with his wife at least

Werewolf said:
Does the Caribbean still have the Death Penality?
Antigua certainly does.

Unfortunately, disappointingly and perhaps predictably this has the potential to limit the assistance that UK law enforcement will be able to offer in the investigation.

R.I.P.

Gutted, a real tragedy, and my condolences to both families, friends and all who knew them.