Belts are for trousers!!

#1
Why the hell am I expected to wear a belt on my jacket. :x It's not going to fall down!!!

OK, it didn't look too bad on the old combat jackets but it makes the combat 95 jacket look like a bloody dress :oops:

Is this in SOinC's dress policy?????
 
#2
I can think of a few reasons why you are expected to wear a belt on your jacket.

1) A pace stick.
2) A red faced, hairy arssed company sergeant major and a pace stick.
3) A red faced, hairy arrsed company sergeant major, a pace stick and your bleedin arrse.
4) Cos I bleedin' told you to, now gettah wayyyy!!......choo...chooo..
 
#3
iv seen belts on coveralls... it doesnt look smart... it looks stupid.

earlier this year i was made to put same badges i have on my CS95 jacket onto my covvies. each thread made me cry as i wailed "why!!!"
 
#5
Put the belt on the CB95 jacket it looks smarter and wont make you look such a fat bastard...............
 

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
#7
TARE said:
Put the belt on the CB95 jacket it looks smarter and wont make you look such a fat fatherless...............
It doesn't look smarter at all, it makes you look like a tool.

And if you think you look fat without one, then either:

a) you need to exchange your jacket for one that fits, or (more likely)

b) you are actually fat! and no belt or corsetry will help you
 
#9
freddibnah said:
Why the hell am I expected to wear a belt on my jacket. :x It's not going to fall down!!!

OK, it didn't look too bad on the old combat jackets but it makes the combat 95 jacket look like a bloody dress :oops:

Is this in SOinC's dress policy?????
Suggest you try not wearing one on ur 2's (for the reasons you say).
 
#11
freddibnah said:
Why the hell am I expected to wear a belt on my jacket. :x It's not going to fall down!!!
quote]

Because you've been posted to 16 Sigs!! :lol: :lol:
 
#12
you bunch of chippy gits!... Get the belt over the jacket, give yourself a proper smart pull round, dont role your jacket up at the bottom.... irion your collars down and stop looking like a bunch of army cadets!! ..... and it DOES look smarter!
 
#13
fredflinstone said:
you bunch of chippy gits!... Get the belt over the jacket, give yourself a proper smart pull round, dont role your jacket up at the bottom.... irion your collars down and stop looking like a bunch of army cadets!! ..... and it DOES look smarter!
Must be a drill pig! Jacket without belt is for winners!
 
#14
Pielover said:
fredflinstone said:
you bunch of chippy gits!... Get the belt over the jacket, give yourself a proper smart pull round, dont role your jacket up at the bottom.... irion your collars down and stop looking like a bunch of army cadets!! ..... and it DOES look smarter!
Must be a drill pig! Jacket without belt is for winners!
lol..... must be....... but just remember.... we all look and think...... "chippy"...... seen iraqi's looking smarter than you lot!! lol
 
#16
could be worse, we have to wear jumpers over our 95's. All topped off nicely with our stable belts on the outside!!!

the lads really like it (for lads see SSM and a Tp Staffy)
 
#17
nato_tato said:
Belt+C95 Jacket=Bunch of ARRSE.
If I wanted to wear a skirt I'd join the Marines.
Skirts are soooo yesterdays fashion. Winter 2005 is the "naked with rollmatt sleeves" look for the Bootneck about town...
 
#18
Smocks and Trops are for winners :)
 
#19
ah the belt around the cb95 jacket issue! i have seen the ridiculous this year in military fashions and fads! ranging from -
stitched in creases in cb95 trousers
chopped off and tailored sleeves in cb95 shirts
cuvvies with loads of badges
belts around cb95 jackets
units not allowed to wear corps belts(7sr) have to wear gash placcy one
are there any more daft and pointless issues regarding mil fashion???
 
#20
slopey_shoulders said:
...ranging from - stitched in creases in cb95 trousers........cuvvies with loads of badges......
What is it with all of these creases that some individuals insist on ironing into their shirts? I understand that some units/regiments etc have some sorts of military traditions (god only knows how a tradition can equate to a crease on a shirt...) It just amazes me!! I also believe that as time has gone on we are wearing more and more badges. If I had wanted to wear badges I would have stayed in the scouts! Does wearing loads of badges make you a better soldier? Me thinks no.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
QRK2 Military Clothing & Boots 1
AlphaKennyThing Military Clothing & Boots 2
A ACF 9

Similar threads

Top