Belting CAST (N) weekend

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Mar 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Another top weekend at CAST(N).

The next one in is October.

I cannot believe that only one regiment in 42 Bde could be bothered to send their officers along.

msr

2. MSR

Glad to hear you enjoyed the CAST(N) event and took the effort to put it on ARRSE. For those not in the know, this is a HQ 2 Div sponsored event for Officers, O/Cdts and WO's who wish to develop a greater understanding of the 7 Q's process. There are two events each year in Mar and Oct in Catterick, details of which are cascaded down to units via Bde HQ's.

3. msr

msr LE

The next one is going to be MASSIVE.

msr

4. It's sounds good... care to elaborate? Is it a big TEWT? Powerpoint? Bit of both?

T C

5. msr

msr LE

Will post up more nearer the time.

msr

6. Aaah that's no fun! I want it now! I bet you don't give people clues about Christmas presents either!

T C

7. msr

msr LE

OK: Yes it's a big TEWT and yes, there is a bit of powerpoint involved.

msr

8. What about SSgts? My TA job involves using the 7 Q's to make plans but I haven't been formally taught it.

thanks

editted to add: what about Sgts? We have one that will also be using 7 Q's next year

9. msr

msr LE

If you haven't been taught it, the CAST may be a bit fast paced. No disrespect intended.

I did raise a PXR point that it would be helpful if the groups were split into pre- and post-JOTAC, to focus more on the 'ED' for the former and 'IP' for the latter. That said if you turn up and pin your ears back you will be in for some of the best instruction from the Army's gurus of the 7Qs.

If there is going to be a 'Pre-JOTAC' syndicate in October, get on it.

I am going to amend some of the pages in the e-nirex over the Easter weekend (no time till then :( ) based on the last weekend.

msr

10. None taken. Its interesting you say that, given your previous unit. In a way the Sgt is a OCdt, I'm a '2Lt', my next slot is 'Lt' (WO2) maybe going onto be a proper (LE) Capt.
    I was surprised to find very little orders content on my SSgt course, basically came down to you need to do use these headings. My regular counterpart has a very good understanding of the 7 Q's, he's taught me the infantry 7 Q's, from which I found I could easily produce a comms plan from. I've struggled to understand the 2 Sig Bde 7 Q's - which seem to be about converting officers to produce comms plans.

11. msr

msr LE

There is more than one reason that I left...

And I notice they still have no YO training programme.

msr

12. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Is there a gingerrr ex WO1 working at CAST

13. msr

msr LE

Not seen.

msr

14. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Wonder where he is now then :?

15. CAST(N) is definitely one of the best weekends I've been on. As well as top class information and instruction from the cutting edge, I found it tremendously motivational.