Belt!

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Davros_the_Dalek, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm on the scrounge for one of the old-style Corps Stable Belts. You know the ones with the metal buckle with badge on?

Getting sick and tired of unbuckling that crap sidel double buckle every time I need to take a dump!! 8O :?

PM me if you have one you'd like to donate to a worthy cause and name your (hopefully sensible) price!

DD

PS: Int Corps belt obviously! - before this thread is hijacked by wannabes! ;)

2. Funnily enough, I have one of those and I've no need of it. It's in the loft at my folks I think, make me an offer I can't refuse and I'll throw a spare green lanyard in too.

3. why not just wear a bog-standard green belt? It saves having to fork out for an old-skool stable belt.

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Old style? For some of us, that was the new style.

5. ah, we used to DREAM of having a belt.

we used to have to make do with bits of string tied together blah blah blah...

6. It's alright people! AF1771 has come to the rescue before you all!

[/packs an extra biscuit in with the ££]

As for the string.. I used to dream of having a uniform.. we had to go to work wearing green sacks for smocks and intsums for shoes etc etc etc...

7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Of course, this thread does beg the question: How often does Davros dump, that unbuckling his glorious Corps stable belt becomes a chore? I have a personal rule to take my morning constitutional before any stable belt fastening is required and this means that I rarely need to take a second dump during the period in which the stable belt is 'in play'. Indeed, on the occasional morning when my previous evening's intake of beer, curry, kebab, red wine etc etc requires that I make more frequent visits to the facilities, the last thing I want is to hear the sound of a metal belt buckle clanging onto the deck.

Nope, I'm afraid I have my doubts about the dump story: I think he's just trying to look like one of us 'big boys'. :D

8. What's wrong with '58 belt anyway?

9. I need a DROPS lashing strap!

10. i like the buckles one. i can buckle two together to get them around my waist :)

actually, im still one of the tight-fisted, "if it's not issued i'm not paying for one", still got my shiny buckle belt brigade.

11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

There's nothing new under the sun. When the shiny metal buckle version appeared, all the 'new bugs' were trying to get hold of the older, leather side-buckling type (a bit wider and considerably less convenient than the current version). I've still got one of those somewhere in my garage, if anyone wants to look like a really old fücker...

12. If the "old style belt" is the same as some other Corps stable belts then the buckle can be used quite adequately as a bottle opener. Much more usefull than the leather strapped ones or a 58 pattern belt.

13. but the buckle ones are much easier for tying your missus to the bedposts on Corps day :)

apparently.

14. From looking at other posts it appears Davros is on tour. This begs the obvious question, what the fcuk is he wearing a stable-belt for?