Belt

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Henry_Tombs, Jan 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody tell me what the correct designation of this belt is please, assuming it an issue belt.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a 58 patt but without holes. I'd guess earlier?

3. I managed to fcuk that post up nicely! :D

4. 37 pattern?

5. Just edit it to say these belts, no-one will know otherwise :wink:

6. Too new!
    I'm sure I have seen then being worn quite recently as barrack dress, before anybody throws the anorack badge at me.............I'm asking for a friend! :oops:

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It isn't a 58 belt. No holes and the dangling things are not close enough together and look to be on the inside.

What colour is it?

What does the inside look like?

Can you post pictures of the inside please.

8. I thought that too at first, but it's diffy the two buckles at the back and has two loop thingies at the side. I can't think what they might be for.

But a lot of later model 37 pattern no longer had all that annoying brass on it, so the "fittings" are right.

Otherwise, I is stumped!

MsG

9. I found this reference in the authority text "McKay's Army Belts 1939 to 1970" ISBN 1345-1223-19885

The belt in question is an-

"Belt, trouser, drab, keks for the up, holding of, avoiding thereof, embarrasment, large"

Hope this helps.

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I think....

pauses

its.....

more pauses

foriegn.

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

The reason I like it for Johnny is the colour, makes me think Olive Drab 1960's American style, not saying it is, but its a making me think of the Europeans and their olive drab kit...

or something the RM might have.

12. Possibly Danish: they used lots of British '37 and then started adding bits of their own design. Colour looks like their stuff. Belgians, Italians and Greeks also used and modified P'37, but they seem to have stuck to the raw buff colour.

13. Wasn't there a '44 pattern webbing?

Seem to remember some of it floating around back in my dark days as a cadet looked a bit like this - think it's where the mettle bottles came from.

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

SADF too..

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Could the loops be for a pistol lanyard?