Belt Kit

The habit now seems to be baseball caps during the initial stages of a public order situation as deploying NATO helmets at this stage is viewed as being provocative, confrontational and likely to escalate the situation.

I don't know about anyone else, but the sight of a police officer wearing a baseball cap is likely to cause in me a compulsive urge to punch him/her repeatedly in the face... and I used to be a copper.

Is this response untypical?

Where do you put a flat cap when you up rate to a NATO, when your carrier is 500 m away?

Second caveat being.... one’s own grenade pin will always be carelessly discarded at the scene, necessitating much scrounging around for a replacement later.
Third caveat being: The Badge supervising said grenade throwing, saying "oi! Pick that up and get it on your zip!"

Fourth caveat being: The Badge then clipping me round the ear when I asked "what, the one on my pants sir?"

This is what I use. Hooked onto the strap.

Attachments

• B436DDD6-C0F2-48DD-88EE-9422663143F0.png
    B436DDD6-C0F2-48DD-88EE-9422663143F0.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
Caveat being: Unless one has actually thrown a grenade, then the use of a grenade pin ring is forbidden under every circumstance. It is in QRs, I forget which paragraph.
I knew a couple of sad sacks that attached the safety pins from fire extinguishers to their zips.
Sad gets nowhere near it.

Apropos, not a great deal, I really enjoyed the grenade range, because being left handed put the shits up the safety officer.

Troy

LE
Morning folks, I’m not in the military but my old man was. I’m a Police officer on a tactical unit and was just wondering what’s the best way to attach a NATO ( riot) helmet to my belt kit. The issues I have is the clips I have tried are a nightmare to unclip with thick gloves on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Keep safe folks

Del
Wear a box.

Troy

LE
The habit now seems to be baseball caps during the initial stages of a public order situation as deploying NATO helmets at this stage is viewed as being provocative, confrontational and likely to escalate the situation.
I hope these are the padded Bump caps.

I don't know about anyone else, but the sight of a police officer wearing a baseball cap is likely to cause in me a compulsive urge to punch him/her repeatedly in the face... and I used to be a copper.

Is this response untypical?

No.

The only time I wear one is on the range to keep the sun out of my eyes.

I particularly hate the habit of wearing them back to front, especially when done by people who to all intents and purposes appear ordinarily sensible.

Wear a box.

Box, foam style martial arts shin/knee pads, and elbow/forearm pads were what the cool kids used to buy for themselves, along with nomex socks, knickers, and t-shirt. All fits discretely under the ordinary uniform, or boiler suit.

Are you wearing body armour or anything else with molle?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Morning folks, I’m not in the military but my old man was. I’m a Police officer on a tactical unit and was just wondering what’s the best way to attach a NATO ( riot) helmet to my belt kit. The issues I have is the clips I have tried are a nightmare to unclip with thick gloves on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Keep safe folks

Del
I'm sure the rozzers need to attach riot helmets to their belt kit. Join a PSU/OSU for all your riot kit needs.

Or, as a probationer, ask your PS what he/she/they would recommend.

arcticfox042

War Hero
Proper belt rig..............
Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 20.48.19.png

Del78

Swinger
Where do you put a flat cap when you up rate to a NATO, when your carrier is 500 m away?
We have baseball caps on we can quickly put in a pocket then upgraded to NATO’s. Then if needed in sections upgrade to shields.

I really appreciate all the advice and support

thank you

Del
1. You are a rozzer, asking for help on a Army web site, seems somewhat stupid.

2. Try asking another rozzer.

3. A Baboon with mental health issues, has no trouble carrying a helmet.

Latest Threads