Belt Kit

Del78

Swinger
Morning folks, I’m not in the military but my old man was. I’m a Police officer on a tactical unit and was just wondering what’s the best way to attach a NATO ( riot) helmet to my belt kit. The issues I have is the clips I have tried are a nightmare to unclip with thick gloves on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Keep safe folks

Del

Morning folks, I’m not in the military but my old man was. I’m a Police officer on a tactical unit and was just wondering what’s the best way to attach a NATO ( riot) helmet to my belt kit. The issues I have is the clips I have tried are a nightmare to unclip with thick gloves on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Keep safe folks

Del

Shop around for a carabiner that suits your needs.

Thank Muddy, I have tried a few and just found them bit clumsy.

Agreed they're not ideal but you mentioned using gloves so they're a good compromise between user friendly and keeping your lid attached. I hope you find what you need, I dont envy you dealing with the ongoing shit shows

Agreed they're not ideal but you mentioned using gloves so they're a good compromise between user friendly and keeping your lid attached. I hope you find what you need, I dont envy you dealing with the ongoing shit shows
I just want to echo what Muddy said. Maybe the silent majority are far too silent but we're all 100% behind you. I couldn't do your job.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Any good?
1618048104472.png

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Del
S-biner. Works better because it can attach / detach at two points and has larger more flexible gates.

s-carabiner-4-featured.jpg

Preferably attached to a grenade ring pull on the helmet, but a robust keyring circle will do. You aren't the first to have this problem!

Del78

Swinger
Thanks guys for all your replies. It really is appreciated!! The S- biner looks a goer. Thank you for your support, I really haven’t got the guts to do what you guys do and wouldn’t know one end of a weapon system from the other lol. I grew up in Colchester and like I said my dad was ex army so have all the respect in the world for you guys

thank you!!

S-biner. Works better because it can attach / detach at two points and has larger more flexible gates.

Preferably attached to a grenade ring pull on the helmet, but a robust keyring circle will do. You aren't the first to have this problem!

Bit of webbing with a quick release buckle sewn to lining of helmet at the back or into an additional short loop on helmet strap. Other end of clip sewn in a loop to be threaded onto belt kit.

61JXxrVP3bL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Thank Muddy, I have tried a few and just found them bit clumsy.

How do you store/carry your gloves when not wearing them?

The French Gendarmarie National blokes who do the bulk of their public order stuff have loops on the inside cuff end of their gloves that allows them to clip them into small carabiners on the side (to the rear) of their belts. i thought it was a good idea and had one of the local shoe repair places sew loops onto my duty gloves and fitted a small crab on my belt. Always useful to have gloves, you don’t need them all the time, but they are to hand.

The habit now seems to be baseball caps during the initial stages of a public order situation as deploying NATO helmets at this stage is viewed as being provocative, confrontational and likely to escalate the situation.

I don't know about anyone else, but the sight of a police officer wearing a baseball cap is likely to cause in me a compulsive urge to punch him/her repeatedly in the face... and I used to be a copper.

Is this response untypical?

Bit of webbing with a quick release buckle sewn to lining of helmet at the back or into an additional short loop on helmet strap. Other end of clip sewn in a loop to be threaded onto belt kit.

61JXxrVP3bL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
ISTR that a previous incarnation of webbing had half a buckle attached to a pouch, to mate up with the helmet chinstrap.
These:
18B3B9F9-F8CB-4C7C-86E2-7FC2D97F65DF.jpeg

were used to attach survival packs to parachute harnesses. Stressed to at least 35g and easy to open with gloves on. I think boy racers use something similar to attach tow straps to their chavmobiles.
5A5E6269-166C-4639-9A35-7908FE116B70.jpeg

Edit: there you go. Around £6 from Amazon.

Last edited:

halloumikid

Old-Salt
Del78, if you DM me your address, I’ll sling this in the post. I’ve dekitted after 35 + years but there is still some stuff hanging around.

Halloumikd

FB3112A0-65EF-438D-9368-2E6D5B5CF3CD.jpeg

Last edited:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
The habit now seems to be baseball caps during the initial stages of a public order situation as deploying NATO helmets at this stage is viewed as being provocative, confrontational and likely to escalate the situation.

it fcuking should be confrontational. 'start p1ssing about and we set the dogs on you. simple enough to understand, swampy??'

Caveat being: Unless one has actually thrown a grenade, then the use of a grenade pin ring is forbidden under every circumstance. It is in QRs, I forget which paragraph.

Awol

LE
Caveat being: Unless one has actually thrown a grenade, then the use of a grenade pin ring is forbidden under every circumstance. It is in QRs, I forget which paragraph.
Second caveat being.... one’s own grenade pin will always be carelessly discarded at the scene, necessitating much scrounging around for a replacement later.

Latest Threads