Belt Fed pistols and bolt actions?!

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by DPM_Sheep, Jan 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, so I was discussing the Springfiled armory thread with an american, mate and he sent me this Link in responce.

Now I don't consider myself an expert on guns- far from it. But I'd be interested to hear what some of you think.

Is this really possible and if so it can't really be practical can it?

Apologies if this has been posted before.
  2. WAH!
  3. It's utter bollocks.

Nicely done, good fun, but utter bollocks.

I'll push a Vickers belt into my SMLE and it will become full auto. (I don't think...)
  4. I thought so. The M16 is a dead giveaway, even to those with feck all small arms knowledge like me!

Thanks, lads.
  5. Where does the link get ejected to?

Thats question number 1.

Its a Wah!.
  6. Something I forgot to mention check out the link on his page below the AR15/M16, bit more real..

Hold on, here we go.
    Proper belt fed M16
  7. Have a feeling the ARES Shrike will eventually replace the FN Minimi in the US Forces.
  8. More than a feeling, I bet you've got a major lob-on looking at that.
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Hardly a major lob-on Sandy, young BashaBasher/Browno/Canashea/Wasteofbreath must have worn out his little sub cal unit drooling over firearms pics.
  10. Ah, good point mate, mind you, he's had a few hours kip now, so his spud guns probably ready for another day of gun smut inspired onanism.
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Do you think he calls it his 'Saturday Night Special' ?
  12. Why all the spin and sales technique, about it being a "new weapon system".

It looks mighty like an M-16 with a belt to me....
  13. I believe his father refers to it as his "Dinky dirtbox derringer"