Bellys gonna get ya!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Zulu-MA, Jun 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm 27 and came out of the Navy in March. It's been great doing all the stuff that I've never had time to do before. I've also been doing a lot of catching up with old mates. Lots of partying, womanizing and....erm....drinking. :drunken:

I have let my fitness routine slide and now I am getting a beer belly!!!! I've put on over a stone and it's really pissing me off. On Monday I'm going to turn over a new leaf and cut back on the drink and get fit again.

I miss military life (sad or what?) and I've started wondering about the TA or even going back. Has any one any tips for losing a beer belly getting fit again???

Cheers!

2. Ive started to do it recently but Im in my late 30's and have lost nearly a stone in two mnths. Main thing was cut down from the usual 2-3 cans of John Smiths a night to just one if really needed and the other is while Im watching sport on TV Ive jumped on a exercise bike and done the odd 20-30 minutes. If your watching a footy match on sky you dont realise your exercising and its worked well for me. Its just will power

3. You don't need to lose the beer belly to join the TA, in some corps it's required.

4. I always wondered in my old TA lot, how some of our WO's and NCO's had healthily large beer bellies, and yet were the fittest runners I'd ever seen.

Buggers shrugged off bergans like they were filled with polystyrene peanuts too 8O

5. beer is the worse thing cut out the beer do some running and the belly should start to die!!!

6. im the same but could never give up or cut back on it so i just train twice as hard (take the good with the bad)

7. Try weight watchers!