Bells/H4H Pub Quiz Thursday 29 November

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by lumpy2, Nov 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard about this on the radio, apparently loads of pubs are doing this, but only one in London (The Beehive, St John's Hill, Clapham/Wandsworth).

Anyone else doing it? Any of the London Arrsers up for it? (I'm posting this in the London Group forum as well).

A friend of mine has generously offered to take part and I would really like to get a team (or two) together!!
  2. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Well according to Bells own website there's not one pub in Scotland taking part.
  3. The Bells website is a bit crap, so I've contacted the manager of the Beehive who says they haven't told him much about it either. However, he will hopefully get back to me tomorrow with such important details as: how much it is to enter and whether they're serving grub on the night!!

I'll post more details as I get them.
  4. excellent idea lumpy :)
  5. Thank you Poppy :)

Haven't done a pub quiz for ages, and I'm simply bursting with useless information!!
  6. Apparently it's free to enter, but there are other fund raisers going on on the night such as auctions, raffles. And there will be bar snacks served.

So come on you lot - anyone else want to lend their support and encyclopaedic knowlege!!?? The more the merrier :)
  7. I can see 3. If they're not near you, you could've got your local involved.
  8. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

there two pubs in my town taking part, will brush off my glad rags i think ;o)