Bellingcat & other investigative journalism

One of the Bellingcat researchers is ex-RIFLES as well.

The podcast is excellent listening.

Recently magicians form BlueCat community discovered Russian driving license of apparent GRU agent.

1594443307292.png

As you may see the license expired in 2010. Since then the agent was seen frequently in the UK using poisonous beverages and magic wand. Another Russian agent was spotted. His name is Victor and he has rare Russian surname Petrov.
Their superior is also known
1594444027322.png

Why are you afraid of Bellingcat? You exhibit the same fear response as O'Fibber.

Why are you afraid of Bellingcat? You exhibit the same fear response as O'Fibber.
Me? Personally I regard Bellingcat as a bunch of clowns that are being used in political circus.
British authorities dare not to sound many things. For example in the Skripal case only names Boshirov and Petrov are used in all official documents.
By contrast, Bellingcat as irresponsible private group can freely produce fantasies, fake news.
I suppose that British secret services supply Bellingcat with 'information', allegations just to test reaction of Moscow. But unfortunately Russian authorities put Bellingcat on ignore.
One could hold a natural question - why amateurs from Bellingcat do 'produce' more information that well funded British secret agencies and state-run analytical services? The answer is very simple. Bellingcat doesn't make its 'production' itself.

Yup. The O'Fibber gambit.

The stench of your fear excites me.

Me? Personally I regard Bellingcat as a bunch of clowns that are being used in political circus.
British authorities dare not to sound many things. For example in the Skripal case only names Boshirov and Petrov are used in all official documents.
By contrast, Bellingcat as irresponsible private group can freely produce fantasies, fake news.
I suppose that British secret services supply Bellingcat with 'information', allegations just to test reaction of Moscow. But unfortunately Russian authorities put Bellingcat on ignore.
One could hold a natural question - why amateurs from Bellingcat do 'produce' more information that well funded British secret agencies and state-run analytical services? The answer is very simple. Bellingcat doesn't make its 'production' itself.
Bellingcat is rarely in the public consciousness here and has no impact really on the lives of ordinary people. Most of the attention it gets is from the people it exposes, especially Russia.

Hopefully they won't get the "falling out of windows" treatment that most people who embaress Putin get.

If they are clowns, then the people they expose form the circus & music.

Slime

LE
These ‘fantasies‘ they produce, as they as ridiculous as the ones you produce?

I’m surprised you can remember anything Bellingcat have said, you do have a very poor memory after all.

Slime

LE
On a bit of a tangent, should we wonder if Garry Potter has the same view on trans people as Harry Potter?

Garry could have a glittering new career given recent events.

ETA, if a cynical poster was reading this thread could they think that the Russian state would try to divert a thread towards the subject of Harry potter or J K Rowling?
Trying to stick to the latest attacks on J K Rowling could be seen as a way to divert from Russia’s guilt in the MH17 shoot down.

For me personally, I suspect that the worlds media (excluding Russian media) will continue to publish what is occurring with regards the legal case. As Russian state media outlets previously broadcast completely fictitious accounts of the Dutch led case it’s too late for them to admit that their previous broadcasts were no more than propaganda.

Last edited:
Oh, this reminds me. Have those two "sports nutritionists" been seen in public since their interview on RT?
The two Johns you mean? John Innes No.1 and John Inness No.2.

Rumour has it that they are helping in the growing of excellent cucumbers in a strong Russian greenhouse.

Latest Threads