Bellingcat & other investigative journalism

If you folllow some threads you may have heard of Bellingcat, but unfortunately you may have not been able to trace Bellingcat elsewhere on the internet as quite oddly some posters are unable to correctly spell Bellingcats name

Bellingcat are independent investigative journalists
(Though someone may want to pop in and highlight the publicly available information of where some of their funding comes from)

Bellingcats original podcast goes through the process of their investigating of the shooting down of MH17, and the latest series of episodes updates on the trial and other recent subjects such as the Salisbury Poisonings BBC dramatisation of the novichok incidents

Series one part one:

Series two part one:

Last edited:

Awol

LE
If they’ve been investigating Mexican drug lords, it’s hardly surprising that they’re difficult to trace.

The Russian trolls don't like to say Bellingcat. They do so occasionally but I think it requires special permission from the Kommissar.

Apologies for thread drift, in additin to Bellingcat, there are 2 other sites that give some very good analysis

ISW

CSIS

For some regional ground truth - LiveUAMaps

The Russian trolls don't like to say Bellingcat. They do so occasionally but I think it requires special permission from the Kommissar.
I have unrestricted license to call BullyCat by its correct name - BusyCat because BellyCat is really BumpedCat

Yuri I hardly think 1 and 2 CD (sorry SVR and FSB) are worried about Bellingcat and the truth.

Slime

LE
I've been aware of Bellingcat since 2012 when it was "Brown Moses Blog".
Part of the amusement with Bellingcat and arrse is that the Russian trolls (as opposed to regular citizens) rarely type it. The Russian troll posting above is the perfect example.

In the last two years his avatar account has misspelled Bellingcat literally hundreds of times. :)

Slime

LE
Sorry, was that Bellingcat?

Slime

LE
It will be good to get some new Bellingcat podcasts on the MH17 shoot down now that the case against Russia is progressing. The previous ones were excellent.

Maybe it’s time KGB posts his fake satellite photo of an SU25 and makes a fresh claim that it was flying higher than the max altitude an SU25 can reach.

Or, perhaps he will re iterate the Russian state lie that the SU25 used its afterburner to make a zoom climb...............with the comedy value of an ‘afterburner’ in an SU25 doing a zoom climb :)

Part of the amusement with Bellingcat and arrse is that the Russian trolls (as opposed to regular citizens) rarely type it. The Russian troll posting above is the perfect example.

In the last two years his avatar account has misspelled Bellingcat literally hundreds of times. :)
If you light some candles in front of the mirror and say Bellingcat 3 times then KGB and/or 118 appear.......

Correction ..... if you just say Bellingcat then at least one will appear

Last edited:
Apologies for thread drift, in additin to Bellingcat, there are 2 other sites that give some very good analysis

ISW

CSIS

For some regional ground truth - LiveUAMaps
No apologies necessary

I've been aware of Bellingcat since 2012 when it was "Brown Moses Blog".
... for completeness, a link ...

... and fighting disinformation ...

My favourite is the satelite image of a Ukranian fighter plane shooting down MH17 complete with pew-pew lines coming out of the fighter.

Latest Threads