Bell-end sig blocks

#1
Is it me or does any of our other coffin dodging members think these kind of sig block are utter arse?

Application - Begun 10/06/09
BARB - 85. L2 on Numeracy/Literacy Basic Skills
Written Medical- Submitted
1.5 Mile PB- 11.31 So Far (26/07/09)

Chosen Regiment- Household Cavalry (RHG/D)
Perhaps we shouls (like some arrser already do) put our own up :)

Application - Begun 1982
BARB - ?
Medical- Done
Depot Kings div (PWO) Sept 1983
SOS 1995
Fat kancker 2008
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#2
We didn't have sig blocks in my day. Just tablets of clay, on which we used a stylus to inscribe stuff
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#3
I'm with you, Cpl_ripper, although I must confess that I joined them for a short while, before I realised it just made me look like a complete twat with limited imagination.
 
#4
In my day, we all had the same signature. When the Romans invaded and captured us, they insisted that we wrote down our name, rank and number.

The Centurion had us running around the parade square all day trying to get us to explain the significance of "thirty".
 
#5
cloudbuster said:
I'm with you, Cpl_ripper, although I must confess that I joined them for a short while, before I realised it just made me look like a complete twat with limited imagination.
I should also take you to task for your sig block cloudie...I have not now, or ever uttered such a profanity at a very senior sceptic general.
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#6
Storeman Norman said:
cloudbuster said:
I'm with you, Cpl_ripper, although I must confess that I joined them for a short while, before I realised it just made me look like a complete twat with limited imagination.
I should also take you to task for your sig block cloudie...I have not now, or ever uttered such a profanity at a very senior sceptic general.
But how would you know for certain? :D
 

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
#8
I cannot be arrsed to change me siggy block but if I did it would probably read something like:

Riten Entrans Tst - wtf? in the 1970s they needed soldiers not poets
Chosen Regiment, 15/19H and this time don't try and dissuade me into the RMP.
BFT Passed - occasionally when I could be arrsed
CFT passed - but it wasn't funny a couple of weeks after a vasectomy
Waiting for pension - expected in 2010 but now I discover the barstewards took five years' pension from me in exchange for a shiny enamel veteran's badge. Twaaaats: how did they get that past me?
 
#9
Was 'medicalled' in a draughty wooden hut next to a bombed out Goods Yard in Newcastle, there were a lot of us naked, scrawny (no obesity then), shivering young men. Don't remember much of it now.
The written exam was rather more memorable and took place at the Ridley Place Army Recruiting Office (nothing as self important as an ACIO back then), after I finished I watched a Coldstream Guards recruiting Sgt almost choke a lad trying for the Gunners who was having difficulty with the test - in fact the Sgt was reading each question to the guy and writing down the answers for him - after several attempts and many sotto voce promptings from the desperate NCO. It was painful to watch, more so when the Coldstreamer asked the question..."An item of clothing rhyming with PACKET?" The potential Gunner looked wildly about him the Coldstreamer was pointing to his sleeve - gesticulating emphatically until in exasperation he asked of the frightened lad.. "What the f*ck's that then?" Pointing to the lad's jacket.. "Oh aye' the lad shouted triumphantly.... "ME COAT!" With a pained roar the Sarn't jumped up and 'gripped' him.

I DID get the proverbial 'shilling' and, for some reason a bible (which I still have signed by the OC Recruiting Office a Major Bell MBE MM Royal Northumberland Fusiliers) plus the sum of 6/8d ( the pre-decimal equivalent of 33new pence - or whatever Brit currency is called now) which was a day's ration money and a travel warrant. The Gunner? I last saw him after the test nonchalantly picking up dog ends on Northumberland Street - don't think he made it to the Royal Regiment...... could be wrong though.

Enlisting seems much more complicated now! Almost like going for a commission!
 

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
#10
Busterdog said:
Was 'medicalled' in a draughty wooden hut next to a bombed out Goods Yard in Newcastle,
Was this last year or this?

;o)
 
#12
Application - Begun 14/07/73
Sums and Writing - Not too bad
Written Medical- Body qualified for £2000 trade in
1.5 Mile PB- 1.4 minutes (Vauxhall Meriva 31/07/09)

Chosen Regiment- Couch Potato Sqn. Civ Div.
 
#13
I've just spent half an hour working out what a 'sig block' is. Thought maybe it was some new sort of hexi fuel.


Glad there's no written test for posting on ARRSE......
 
#14
Written entrance test: Failed, repeatedly
Chosen Regiment: Para (see above) Actual - RMP
BFT Failed -85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99
:wink:
 
#15
Cpl_ripper said:
Is it me or does any of our other coffin dodging members think these kind of sig block are utter arse?

Application - Begun 10/06/09
BARB - 85. L2 on Numeracy/Literacy Basic Skills
Written Medical- Submitted
1.5 Mile PB- 11.31 So Far (26/07/09)

Chosen Regiment- Household Cavalry (RHG/D)
Perhaps we shouls (like some arrser already do) put our own up :)

Application - Begun 1982
BARB - ?
Medical- Done
Depot Kings div (PWO) Sept 1983
SOS 1995
Fat kancker 2008
Indeed. If the best I could do was 11.31, I'd be keeping quiet about it.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads