Bell 212

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Bandalong, May 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps and Chapettes,

Out of interest, are the 212's in Belize/Brunei maintained by civvy techs or REME?

Just curious.

Cheers.

2. Mainly civvy if not all civvy now.

I'm sure a BAT can help you out to confirm.

3. Didn't see any REME in Belize lurking in 25 Flt AAC. Doesn't mean there aren't any, of course.

4. I barely see any where I am and there are suposed to be frickin millions of them. Especially on a Friday.

5. :D

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Belize is definitely a non-BAT entity, and to the best of my knowledge (!) Brunei has gone the same way - civilian maintainers only. Nice work if you can get it.

7. Does not seem to be any shortage of work in Aviation now.
    Was speaking to an ex AAC pilot last night and he says they cannot get pilots for a prestige job in Mid East.
    When I packed in back in 2001 I had two firm job offers and a third letter offing a well paid job was waiting when I visited my mother three months later.
    john
    Get your qualifications while still in and theres a world of opportunity out there, if your mobile.

8. Certainly a good time for jobs. Things can change very quickly.

In '78 they were queing to offer me work even without a licence.

Britannia Airways offered me a choice of 3 jobs and Bristows basically said where would you like to go.

Three years later when looking for a new job I had enough rejection letters to wallpaper my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting the licence made all the difference, in 30 years it's always been the passport to a new job. I wish I could clone myself, I could retire in a year!!

9. Licence is the only way to go.
    john

10. Hi guys

In answer to the original question, the 212's in Belize and Brunei are maintained by FBH Heliservices, the same guys at Shawbury that look after the 212/412's and the AS350's.

Hope that helps.

11. That's coz you are in the library, in your flying suit, reading back issues of Flight magazine and not in work!!

12. And when the fcuk are you in work on a Friday??? :D You have more time off than a jubilee fcuking mug maker you do Flash!!

13. Hark at her!

I know TA people who put more time in than you.

If you were to add up all the days you've done at work, you'd not break into double figures. In fact, you make Frag7 look like a workaholic. :roll:

14. I tell ya what will defo break into double figures - your bar bill on the 30th ya old knacker!!