Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Kromeriz, Dec 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

No more chimps on the patch. Farewell colonial Britain.
  2. Malaysia and Brunei will be only too happy to share their gardens for training. Panic over.
  3. You what????? Both are Islamic countries, I bet they dont have a friendly nightclub not to far from the front gates.
  4. Idiot journalist needs to get his facts right. Belize was Belize before 1981 and I was there in the 70's and 80's as part of the large contingent of British Army there to keep the Guats out.

As someone in the TA he should have known better.
  5. Stacker1, I agree that they are islamic countrys, I got kegged in Penang when doing jungle shit with the Auz coy in Malaysia, and down town. Brunei frowns on alcohol, thats why you have to find your local AAC branch on a friday night.
  6. More to the point, mothballed rather than shut - I suspect its about getting us through to 2015, when post HERRICK we can get a clearer idea of where we want to operate and then make a final decision. Given that there is no real spare capacity for jungle (or any other) ops at the moment, its not a surprising decision. I suspect though that we'll see BATSUB rise again in due course.
  7. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Don't effect me, my mate is still running a very welcoming hotel in San Pedro