Belize novel help!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Harry_Boomers, Mar 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About 6 years ago I remember reading a fictional novel about Guatemala invading Belize. In the book the resident battalion have to go firm and repel the invaders with the help of an SF training team. For the life of me I cant remember the title of the book or the author. Can anyone help :?:

2. Mike Lunnon-Smith it was either called Long Leap or Long jump or something.

Ends with a joint 2 para 2nd rep attack on an airfield and yeah its pretty good.

Trotsky

3. Cheers Trotsky thats the badger

4. Long Reach

Not a bad read

5. Yep, Long Reach I've got it & I love it. I'm hot on the trail of Heraklion Blue by the same guy. Synopsis is troop or company (forget) of 40 CDO put ashore up the Congo to rescue europeans from some psycho guerilla leader. I especially loved the bit where the captain of a destroyer sails it up the Congo as far as it can go to offer NGS - Superb!

Also a good read is Gray Eagles by Duane Unkefer (yes of course he's American). Synopsis is a German pilot shot down while landing in '44 becomes a millionaire, restores 8 ME109's in the US & goes gunning for the man who downed him, who's flying a P51 for the Confederate Air Force. They shoot up a USAF base in training & there's a USAF task force after them too. It's set in '76 so they're not too old. Anyhow, it's a lot better than I probably made it sound