Belgian UFO Incident 1990

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Technocratic_Turbine, Oct 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Video Link

There may be a better video online but this one will suffice. Now, most individuals would laugh at the prospect of aliens or "E.T" marauding our skies and abducting plebs of all sorts. Of course this would be highly improbable and there are far more reasonable and scientific explanations in regards to certain "sightings" or "abductions" (atmospheric phenomena and sleep paralysis for instance). However, this footage surely is compelling evidence that at the very least, one terrestrial armed force has acquired/developed exotic technology? This craft was detected by at least two ground based radar stations, in addition to the on-board radar of the intercepting F-16 (I imagine the wingman also captured the same data). There were police units who confirmed a sighting of the object (a black triangle supposedly). Furthermore, every time the F-16(s) would lock on to the object with radar, it would react by performing some acute and seemingly impossible manoeuvres. Accelerating from 150-990 knots in mere seconds? It also made some rather sharp turns, some times at 90° angles.

Now, clearly this object is man-made and I would bet that it belonged (or still belongs) to a branch of the US armed forces. What was it doing in Belgian airspace? I don't know. It's strange that any armed force (air force) would test their aircraft by hovering over a farmer's field or randomly fly over various population centres. One would think if they (who commissioned the aircraft) wanted to test it against modern weapons and detections systems; this could be done easily in a secluded and secure military testing ground. Nonetheless, it does raise some uncomfortable questions. For argument sake; if it was not terrestrial then what was it? If it is terrestrial, then who operated it? If it's American (which I think is the most obvious and plausible explanation) then what are they really doing with such technology? I find it disturbing that such a highly capable craft could penetrate allied airspace with such ease and also with such impunity.

Whilst I do not believe UK airspace will suddenly be compromised by black flying triangle crafts, it is not easy to digest the fact that the UK government has scaled back air cover for the mainland. By reducing the number of aircraft that patrol our skies. If such sightings and contacts were to appear over UK airspace, then there is nothing we could do to stop them. You may laugh and dismiss this off-hand, fine. I would do the same. Although it does question how secure we really are here. Surely, a matter at which none should balk.
  2. You are worried about aliens causing havoc in the UK? Are you for real?
  3. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

News just in from the Stock Market, Bacofoil's share price rises by 2 points.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Your evidence?
    Frankly, I don't see anything in the inventory that'll put your clearly disturbed mind at rest.
  5. "The Americans denied it was a secret spyplane, so could it have been a first contact...,"

Well, if it wasn't a secret spyplane it must have been an ET craft then. :roll:

6. I would appreciate it if you read my entire post and not simply quoted a small section of it. Here are some points of mine you omitted :-

Now no-where did I state that were would be facing an impending invasion by aliens. Although of course you did not clarify in your erudite post whether the invaders would be terrestrial/extra-terrestrial. Surely due to New Labour we have already been invaded by successive waves of migrants (a long tradition mind) but I digress here.

While this incident occurred 19 years ago and no sorties were conducted by 'it' (unless you count testing and/or reconnaissance). My point was what would happen if this encounter had been over UK airspace? Let's say London for example. My last point was to do with the lack of proper air cover over the UK. If such encounters happened over the UK they would immediately highlight our lack of air defence. What I still find extraordinary is how this incident has seemingly faded away from the public conscience. Surely any citizen would be alarmed to see that such craft exists by unknown operators and could penetrate their airspace with ease. The fact that the Belgian Air Force (therefore government) explained publicly they didn't know what it was.
  7. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :)

Seriously though, think about it. Septic pilots who flew passenger aircraft around their south-west (Arizona, Nevada, Southern California) reported seeing strange black aircraft of rectangular shapes that didn't show up on radar. Everyone thought they were nuts. Then the US Air force unveilled the Stealth Bomber and Stealth Fighter (neither of which are fighters, they are both bombers, but anyway...). Everyone with more than two functioning brain cells knows they developed them at the Groom Lake test site (commonly known as Area 51).

Why would the Americans suddenly reveal to the public their super-secret aircraft? The only plausible reason I can come up with is that the next generation of stealth aircraft that they're coming up with (at Area 51) are so far beyond the Stealth Fighter and Stealth Bomber that they don't give a sh!t if these designs are completely compromised. All sorts of experts have said that the current "weak link" in developing new fighters is the pilot. They can make aircraft that can do incredible acceleration, and turns, and such, but it would just kinda smear the remains of the pilots around the cockpit. So, they are all but admittedly trying to develop unmanned combat aerial vehicles - remote control fighters, and remote control spy planes.

Occasionally people might see them, or pick them up on radar if a stealth system fails. It shouldn't be a shock. In the video, they noted that the Americans denied it being a spy-plane. OMFG, do you think they'd fcuking admit it was a spy-plane?

The concern about Americans breaching sovereign airspace - grow up. With the kind of technology they have (like what was mentioned in the video) the Septics can go wherever they want, whenever they want with total fcuking impunity and there is sweet fcuk all anyone can do about it. It sucks, but that's the way it is. With the stuff they can do, even if you kept a CAP circling around UK airspace 24/7, that'd never stop them.

Besides, they don't have to spy on the UK. They just ask your politicians questions and they give them all the info they want. It's North Korea, most of eastern Europe (old habits die hard, I guess), and China that they want to spy on.
  8. How long have you been addicted to crack?
  9. Oh, and I'd like to point out that a UFO is by definition "unidentified", therefore making the criteria for this designation the ignorance of the observer rather than the nature of the craft.

An Amazonian tribesman who looks up in the sky to see a Cessna airplane, is by definition seeing a UFO simply because he doesn't know what it is!

It's handy to remember that!

PS - I've flown on Aurora's. They're not that exciting.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hello. I'm afraid I have no evidence. Merely supposition and conjecture. I inferred it was most likely American due to their large defence budget. It's well-known they have funded numerous top-secret projects. In that instance, it would be reasonable to deduce it is American in origin. Given that they in theory would be the only country will the finance to fund such exotic projects. If any one were to provide figures to dispute my theory of America's fiscal domination then please do so.

All right fine. It was an incident in amongst a brief set of other sightings. However, if you were to accept that what was recorded by the Belgian Air Force was not due to mass hallucination, collective radar faults and pilot error then only leaves one possibility; a craft of such capability penetrated the airspace of one of our allies, a NATO member. By implication, the same could be done to our airspace. Now whilst there has not been any such sightings here or in Europe recently, as far as I am aware. Therefore no need for 'alarm' but rather consternation. That craft remains unidentified. Furthermore, if it does indeed belong to the US. What else are they hiding from us? These are the sort of questions to which I'd like answered. Not whether they were piloted by little green men - which would be ridiculous.
  11. But surely he knows what an airplane is. He must see them flying around on occasion. I saw a helicopter in Kandahar which I didn't recognise. Does this mean I saw a UFO?
  12. Okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough. To an Amazonian tribesman, who has never seen, nor heard of, an aircraft before, it'd be a UFO.

I was just trying to give an example to explain that UFO's are such simply due to the ignorance of the observer, rather than the nature of the craft.

Does that make sense?
  13. Well, a couple of years ago I came home from the pub absolutely blitzed. The then HiD was livid, you are 7 hours late she screeched like a barn own. Actualy, I said, on my way to the pub I was abducted by aliens who did experiments on me for ten years. They told me that if I consented to their experiments they would time travel me back to when they picked me up and drop me off then. They were 7 hours out in their timing. But, as I said to HiD, 7 hours is a mere fraction compared to the ten years I was actualy away. And to compensate me for any inconvenience they opened the bar on the space ship they were driving and got me pissed on fine whisky before dropping me off. She wasnt convinced.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. No. Unless you bring an Amazonian tribesman to my house and he tells me himself that he has never seen an aircraft I will not believe you.

Especially if he flew to the UK in an aircraft. :D
  15. Surely, as he was also likely never to heard of UFOs either, he would describe it as a "WTF is that?" :)