Belgian Imam killed in Arson Attack On Mosque

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Mar 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Breaking on BBC now no link as yet.

A shia imam has been killed in an arson attack on his mosque in a suburb of Brussells.
  2. One hell of a molotov cocktail!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I wonder if it's internecine strife, or if the plucky Belgians want to be known for more than chocolate, paedophilia and rexism.
  4. Rayc

Rayc RIP

Any reactions from the Muslim community?

Being a Shia mosque, there would be comparatively little reaction.
  5. They believe the attack was carried out by a salafist. Apparently a man entered the mosque last night, armed with a knife, axe and molotov cocktail, shouting slogans about the conflict in Syria. He was apprehended by bystanders when he ran outside and arrested by the police.

You could run this through the Google translator:

"Salafist stormde moskee binnen met bijl en benzine" -
  6. I wonder why they arrested him? My wife's behaviour is worse than that. Oh hang on, it wasn't in UK was it.
  7. Rayc

Rayc RIP

These Wahhabis or Salafis are Sunnis and so it is natural that they will do what they did. They are doing it excellently well in Pakistan too.

By doing it in Belgium, they are merely making a statement that the West is vulnerable. Had they done it not on a Govt building hell would have broken loose. Now, while they have made a statement, they are aware that it will only be taken as the historical war between the two sects!

The unfortunate part is that while the religion is the same, the Muslims have abandoned the spiritual for the temporal i.e. jockeying as the sole inheritor of Mohamet. In the bargain, the world remained stunned and suffers!
  8. Is it just me who really doesnt care if two sects of muslims blow up each other/each others mosques, in someone elses country?
    • Like Like x 4
  9. إن شاء الله‎
  10. How many Koran's were burnt ??? now will there be protests from Muslims against Muslims ????
    • Like Like x 1
  11. No mate - I don't care either.

• Like Like x 1
  12. One muslim & one mosque less.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Result!!