Belfast Kicking Off Again?

#2
Neu Arbeit wouldn't allow it mate,
'They must be allowed to express their opinions and their rich cultural diversity boll*xs' or something similar out of party HQ.
We'd be accused of infringing civil liberties, you know they hate people who do their jobs.
 
#5
jonwilly said:
Or is the Loyalist just playing up to 'defere' the withdrawl of Troops.
john
They can see all those cushy, taxpayer funded jobs disappearing before their eyes if peace is allowed to break out.

Churchill once said- "Jaw, jaw is better than war, war."

Paisley implies- "War, war is better than jaw, jaw."
 
#6
Maybe they're just taking a leaf out off IRA/SF book, kick off long enough and Neu Arbeit will cave in. It worked for Gerry, Martin and Co.
 
#7
Tazz said:
Maybe they're just taking a leaf out off IRA/SF book, kick off long enough and Neu Arbeit will cave in. It worked for Gerry, Martin and Co.
Yes, Tony caved in to all Republican demands and now we have a United Ireland with the North free of all British troops and institutions.

Hang on...
 
#10
"While the Orange Order has noted the Chief Constable's intemperate, inflammatory and inaccurate remarks, we have decided to take a more responsible line and will not be drawn into a similar knee-jerk reaction, it said.
"At this stage, all we would say is that if what we saw today was policing, it was policing at its worst."


Classic Proddy-ese: not an intemperate, inflammatory and inaccurate knee-jerk statement to make then. <sigh> These “Brits” really are a sad & confused bunch of cnuts.
 
#11
brockle said:
Who gives a sh*t - we're out of there.

PSNI and all the other new crowds can crack on...
...The head of Northern Ireland's police force, Chief Constable Hugh Orde, said his officers and the British Army troops backing them up had "come under sustained attack" from bombs and bullets.

Police and soldiers had "acted like heroes" during the rioting, which lasted for at least five hours, he said in a statement.

Bullets struck a number of armoured police cars, forcing officers to shelter behind them, while other rioters hijacked cars and set a bus alight. One civilian was also taken to hospital with a gunshot wound to the shoulder.

In some parts of the city, the sound of automatic gunfire was reported, the BBC said.

Officers responded to the attacks with water cannon and non-lethal plastic bullet rounds. Security forces also fired some live ammunition, a police source said.

"This is the worst violence I have witnessed in Northern Ireland for years," the source told AFP...
SOURCE
 
#12
The Orange Order described his remarks as "inflammatory". It said police actions were "brutal and heavy-handed".

In Belfast, police and Army came under gun attack from loyalist paramilitaries on a number of occasions and they returned live fire. Petrol bombs were thrown at the police and violence spread to Ahoghill, where youths gathered in the centre of the village, setting cars on fire, damaging houses and throwing fireworks at police. Overnight, loyalist rioters attacked police with homemade bombs, guns and bricks, injuring at least six officers. Cars were hijacked and roads were also blocked in Ballyclare, Glengormley, Rathcoole, Larne and Carrickfergus, as the violence spread.
[sarcasm=on]Damn police! They're a brutal bunch aren't they?[sarcasm=off]. The funny thing is - they only evidence I can see of the police doing anything violent is reacting to enemy fire. The Orange Order is as valid as the KKK - a reactive separatist movement formed hundreds of years ago whose time has long passed. Scum.
 
#13
hackle said:
brockle said:
Who gives a sh*t - we're out of there.

PSNI and all the other new crowds can crack on...
...The head of Northern Ireland's police force, Chief Constable Hugh Orde, said his officers and the British Army troops backing them up had "come under sustained attack" from bombs and bullets.

Police and soldiers had "acted like heroes" during the rioting, which lasted for at least five hours, he said in a statement.

Bullets struck a number of armoured police cars, forcing officers to shelter behind them, while other rioters hijacked cars and set a bus alight. One civilian was also taken to hospital with a gunshot wound to the shoulder.

In some parts of the city, the sound of automatic gunfire was reported, the BBC said.

Officers responded to the attacks with water cannon and non-lethal plastic bullet rounds. Security forces also fired some live ammunition, a police source said.

"This is the worst violence I have witnessed in Northern Ireland for years," the source told AFP...
SOURCE
Precisely my point. If we aren't backing up the police then we can't get shot at. Q.E.D. Rioting and public order issues should now be falling under the remit of a robust police authority. We were out there to address the terrorist insurgency threat and the linkages to organised crime and mob violence. If the terrorist threat is fading then so should we.
 
#14
Whilst i have no sympathy for either set of kids

i think what has pissed the loyalists off is the apparent collapse of the British Government's stance against terrorism. Just look at all the recent occurences

The large withdrawl of troops
The demolition of watch towers and army bases
The apparent IRA ceasefire without any verification proccess
IRA prisoners being released early thanks to the GF agreement
The IRA's refusal to allow independent witnesses to view their 'decommisioning'

What have the loyalists been given in rteturn for their cesation of terrorism?

Their orange walks (questionable at best) being re-routed

They are all ********* but it does seem that tony and cherie prefer one brand of terrorism over another...
 
#15
Ban all marching, bunch of bigoted fuckwits!!

I am a Scotsman and if English settlers marched once a year to remind us of Culloden it would piss me off as well.

NB I am not a Catholic and I have spent over 12 months on active duty in the worst parts of what has the potential to be a fantastic country if they can just weed out the scum inhabitants that make the place a misery for all concerned
 
#16
CardinalSin said:
[sarcasm=on]Damn police! They're a brutal bunch aren't they?[sarcasm=off]. The funny thing is - they only evidence I can see of the police doing anything violent is reacting to enemy fire. The Orange Order is as valid as the KKK - a reactive separatist movement formed hundreds of years ago whose time has long passed. Scum.
Valid as the KKK? Don't know what the Grand Orange Lodge of Ghana would make of that
Grand Orange Lodge of Ghana
 
#17
12 months - wow! You must know all about it then.......! lol

Fact: The PSNI can't cope on their own.

The RIR are disbanding under political pressure, and when they go it will really go tits up. The police will only have the Regulars stationed there to back them up, and not the experienced soldiers of the RIR who have been dealing with Public Order for the past 10 years...! These 5000 troops will consist mainly of REMFs who dont do Public Order, and a few battalions who do.

The loyalist community are unsettled due to the political situation. Sadly they are also targeting those who once protected their community - the RIR soldiers who live amongst them.
 
#19
IrishGuard said:
brockle said:
Who gives a sh*t - we're out of there....
It must therefore make you wonder why your were there in the first place?
It certainly does. I have never met such a poisonous bigoted solipsistic bunch of maniacs as I did over there (on both 'sides'). Whilst there are plenty of honourable people with honourable intentions there are countless fools who had an interest in perpetuating a historical spat.

Ulster isn't worth the candle. Not English blood. Send in the UN.
 
#20
Sadly you never got to meet 99% of the population who dont want it and are decent folks on both sides.

Mainly you were in the troubled areas, and not the decent law abiding areas.

I have served here and lived amongst the community for 10 years. These scum are a minority, please dont let it colour your picture of Northern Ireland.