Belfast in Blackburn - Pigs, SlRs, Flak Jackets...

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by OldSnowy, Jun 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I know it's 'new', but this is probably of most interest to old farts like me:
    Blackburn street transformed into Belfast of the 1970s to create hellish scenes of sectarian violence from height of The Troubles for new film | Mail Online

It's time to pick holes, old chaps! My starter for ten - the Young Belfast Hooligans, or whoever this lot are meant to be, should have trousers that stop around three inches above their socks. It was the fashion among them, for some unknown reason...

And the Pig - a grey painted Pig?

Over to you...

2. Oh dear... it's been done already...
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, what do you expect? That I can remember things or summat?

Ignore this thread if it's all been done before.... :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Your questions have been answered though.
  5. Soldiers are too fat?
  6. Lovely Rover 2000 P6, and a Triumph, I think its even a 2.5PI. Burnt to a crisp. Bloody vandals.
  7. Belfast in the 70's? Belfast in 2013 possibly.
  8. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Belfast or Blackburn, its arguable which is the bigger shithole
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Thats an easy one - Blackburn, have you ever seen London road?
  10. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Haircuts, clean clothes, people who look like they have had a wash and shave, nah not the Falls in the 70s.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. .
    Why didn't they just film the scenes in Belfast? Nothings changed in the last 40 years.
  12. RUC Pig not army look at the reg, though by that stage I am not sure they were being used by the police, looks more 1969.
  13. They're not quite grey enough, with that just released from prison pallor,,,,
  14. Could have made em all uppitty again....
  15. Thus getting the most realistic riot footage you could possibly want! and the delinquents get to vent their need for petrol bomb throwing and getting smashed to buggery with battons